How Much Does Leaky Faucet Repair Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Fixing a leaky faucet is the process of fixing a faucet that leaks water even when it is turned off. This scenario can cost your household a lot since your water meter still runs as water escapes the faucet. The price for fixing a leaky faucet depends on how bad the damage is, if the faucet needs to be replaced and the plumbing company performing the service.
How much is it?
- On average, a plumber can fix a leaky faucet for anywhere from $45 to $200. Most leaky faucets only require simple tweaks that can be fixed within a hour.
- For those that want to do the job themselves, a repair kit for a faucet and/or sink can be purchased for $3 to $20. For example, the Danco 88103 faucet repair kit retails for $4 to $8.
- According to the site APlumbers.com, the price for repair can fall between $40 and $100. A company that offers plumbing services in the California area is Roto Rooter. They offer different plumbing services that can range in price from $135 to $150.
- The site PlumbingContractor.com specializes in helping you find the nearest plumber in your area. The site shows that the range of prices for repairing a leaky faucet is $95 to $160.
What is going to be included?
- The payment for fixing a leaky faucet will cover the charges for the service the plumber will provide. The tools that will be used to fix the faucet will also be included with the payment. During the procedure, the plumber will more than likely have to fix the ball within faucet. In extreme circumstances, the piping around the faucet may have to be replaced. This will really depend on the age of the plumbing.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the distance of your location from the plumber’s office, they may charge for travel expenses if they go beyond the distance that they usually cover. This will be noted ahead of time.
- The parts needed to fix the leaky faucet will be considered as an additional cost. The price for the different parts will vary depending on the type of spare parts that will be used for the repair. If the sink has to completely be replaced due to other malfunctions, the cost can significantly go up.
- If the leak is beyond repair, the plumber may recommend repairing the faucet completely. A new faucet can start at $100 and go up from there.
How can I save money?
- To save money, try to look for the closest plumber available in your area. This will save you on travel charges the plumber may charge for out of area coverage. Use services such as Service Magic to help find quotes in your local area.
- Consider doing the job yourself. Kits online can be purchased for less than $10. There are various resources online that can help with the repair.