How Much Does a Leather Couch Cost?
A couch, also known as a sofa, is designed to seat more than one person. Commonly found in most households across the world, couches can be made of different materials such as traditional fabric and leather. One of the most common types of fabric purchased is leather. Leather is easy to clean up and handles wear and tear rather well. The cost of a leather couch will depend on the size, the design, the brand and where its purchase from.
How much is it?
- Depending on the size, a leather couch can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $3,500. Faux leather is going to cost a lot less than traditional leather, since it is not considered real leather. Well constructed couches with a high quality leather material can fetch price tags that are as high as $5,000.
- A faux leather couch can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,200 per piece. For instance, the Homelegance Allen Faux Contemporary Sofa retails for $430 to $575.
- A sectional leather couch that can fit more than 2 to 3 people can cost anywhere from $500 to $3,000.
- A popular store and manufacture La-Z-Boy.com offers leather couches that range anywhere from $500 to $2,000.
What are the extra costs?
- Leather couch conditioner and cleaner is highly recommended to ensure that the couch maintains its natural color and stays clean. Cleaner and conditioner kits can cost anywhere from $10 to $40.
- While optional, a slipcover or cover is ideal for those that have a pet or child in the house. These covers can prevent the couch from seeing any damage. A cover can start at $20.
- Additional features such as a recliner or pull out bed can cost extra compared to traditional couches.
- Furniture shops can offer extended warranties that protect the couch. If anything happens to the couch, the furniture retailer will send out a repairman to fix the problem. Common problems include color dis-figuration as well as rips and tears.
- Most furniture stores may charge an additional delivery charge if a certain amount of money isn’t spent. These delivery charges can range anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on the mileage that has to be driven.
What is going to be included?
- A leather couch will sit up to 2 to 3 people. Sectional couches can sit more than 6 people and may come in two pieces that have to be put together.
- Higher-end brands may include a limited warranty that can protect the couch for a few years.
- Some models may include a cup holder and storage in the center and even recliner built in.
How can I save money?
- Check the local Salvation Army or Goodwill. For those on a budget, these are great places to look for a couch at half the cost.
- Craigslist lists hundreds of couches on any given day. People may sell due to moving or an upgrade.
- Consider going to the clearance center of most furniture stores. These clearance centers will have couches at 50% since they are models that are more than a few years old
- While most are comfortable purchasing furniture in person, many online furniture shops online can offer exclusive deals to those that purchase online.