How Much Does Level 2 Ultrasound Cost?
A level 2 ultrasound, also known as the ultrasound anatomy scan, is a type of ultrasound that accurately measures the development of the baby inside a pregnant woman. The baby inside is measured from head to rump which is performed to check if the gestation age of the baby is normal. The price for level 2 ultrasound depends on the facility where the procedure will be performed as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a level 2 ultrasound is going to cost anywhere from $200 to $450 without health insurance. For those that have maternity coverage on their insurance policy, it is important to contact the health insurance provider to receive more information on what is covered.
- For example, a user located in California paid $234 for her procedure. Another located in Pennsylvania only had to pay a $35 co-pay.
- According to the site, InsideUltrasound.com, the site lists that the price for a level 2 ultrasound falls between $215 and $350. Parenting.com explains that a level 2 ultrasound can cost anywhere from $200 to $325.
- According to a BabyCenter.com message board thread online, users here had stated that they had paid everywhere from $35 with insurance to as much as $450 without any type of insurance. The cost of this type of ultrasound will greatly vary depending on the geographical location and the hospital performing the procedure.
What are the extra costs?
- An ultrasound has become an intimate moment with a husband and a wife as they see their baby for the first time. 3D images of the ultrasound can be taken as a keepsake and the price for this can start at $99.
- Additional ultrasounds may be required in the future if the OB/GYN spots any issues or concerns with the results. Women who are overweight or have complications with their pregnancy may need additional testing.
What is going to be included?
- All of the tools and items needed to perform the ultrasound will be included with the fee for the procedure. This includes the process of applying gel on the mother’s belly by a sonographer who takes the pictures that can be taken home after the procedure is done.
- During the procedure, the patient will recline back and will have the gel applied to her stomach. By moving the transducer, the sound waves will form an image on the sonographer’s screen. The tech can showcase many angles as well as answer any questions that you may have.
How can I save money?
- To save money, compare prices between several facilities that can perform the procedure. Another option is to seek the help of a doctor that you visit often to make sure that the diagnosis is consistent.
- If you want to get an ultrasound done on your own outside of a hospital, many centers can do it for a lower price. These centers will only complete the ultrasound and will not provide any medical advice.
- A level 2 ultrasound isn’t always an option. Consider talking with your doctor to see if they can recommend any other routes that you can take in order to save some money.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|