How Much Does a Leyland Cypress Tree Cost?
A Leyland Cypress tree is a type of fast growing evergreen tree which is primarily used for hedges and screens. This tree is very easy to take care of a,d it is known to grow up to 15 meters in 16 years, even on sites that offer relatively poor conditions. The cost of a leyland cypress tree will depend on the age of the tree, the height of the tree, as well as the nursery that is selling it.
How much is it?
- On average, a Leyland Cypress tree will cost anywhere from $5 to $160. Generally, the taller the tree is, the more it is going to cost.
- A 4″ tree shipped with a pot can retail for $4 to $8 online. A slightly taller tree that is 2.5′ can retail for $14 to $29. Trees in the 3 to 4 feet range can cost $38 to $62, while a 6 foot or larger tree can cost anywhere from $89 to $160.
- For example, the online nursery Leyland-Cypress-Growers.net sells these trees in different sizes. The price for the trees ranges anywhere from $5 to $155 and the size varies from 1 to 30 gallon trees.
- Another nursery BrighterBlooms.com sell trees that range in price from $23.97 to $99.97 for 1 ft to 6 ft in size.
What is going to be included?
- A Leyland Cypress Tree is one of the fastest growing trees on the market today. Within a few years, these trees can provide a natural privacy fence. They will require little to no pruning or shearing. They are also soft to touch and stay green year around, no matter where the tree is planted.
- Trees purchased online or in a nursery will come equipped with a pot filled with natural gardening soil.
What are the extra costs?
- Leyland Cypress trees can be planted easily for continuous growth. If you want a professional gardener to plant the trees for you, there will be an extra fee.
- Whether you purchase a tree at a local nursery or online, the seller may have an option to have it delivered either at no extra charge or a minimal fee. There are some nurseries that would require a minimum purchase price in order to take advantage of the free delivery service.
- While optional, fertilizer is recommended to ensure that the tree remains healthy.
Tips to know:
- This type of tree requires a lot of pruning at an early age.
- On a monthly basis, try to feed this tree as much fertilizer as possible to ensure that it can grow at a healthy pace.
- These trees tend to average at least three feet in growth each and every year. If considering this type, be sure to have the right amount of space.
- These trees are great for fast growing hedges, blocking the winds and even a Christmas tree.
How can I save money?
- Try to compare the prices from the different sellers of Leyland Cypress trees. Some stores would sell trees at lower prices if they are located in a rural area. Buy from someone that is close or even consider a nursery online if the trees are purchased in bulk.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|