How Much Does a Lie Detector Test Cost?
Lie detector tests can be more than 98 percent accurate. This is a great way to test someone in situations such as theft, a criminal investigation, civil investigation, corporate theft, and so much more. Recording physiological changes in the body, this test is going to monitor your blood pressure, respiratory pattern and skin response to give the reader an accurate response. The cost of a lie detector test will greatly depend upon the company doing the research, the experience of the tester, as well as other factors.
How much does a lie detector cost?
- On average, plan on spending anywhere from $250 to as much as $1,500 for a professional test that is conducted by a private agency. The fees can greatly go up if the test has to be done after hours, or if the test is an emergency.
- For example, the professional company TruthorLie.com states that their fees range anywhere from $500 to as much as $1,000, depending upon the time of the day the test is being performed. A test done after 5 p.m. will cost more than a test done during their business hours.
- AffordableFloridaPolygraph.com offers a low-cost solution for those that are on a strict budget. The cost of their test can vary anywhere from $250 and go up from there. It will greatly depend upon the length of the examination.
What are the extra lie detector test costs?
- Depending upon the company, some will often include a summary of the answers with the test, while others will not. For those that want a written summary, the cost of this can vary from $100 to $300.
- Most lie detector professionals will want to do the test directly in their office. Since all the equipment is already set up, it will make it a lot easier for them as well as cheaper for you. They are able to come directly to your residence, but the cost can rise to as much as 50 percent more than the fees mentioned above.
What is going to be included?
- The average test will take around 1.5 to 4 hours to take depending on the situation.
- Before the test even begins, all questions will be given to the person taking the test so that he can review them. This gives him a chance to study them so that there are no surprises.
- During the procedure, the lie detector test is going to monitor your blood pressure, respiratory pattern and even the response of your skin. Based on particular movements, the machine is going to be able to send signals to show whether you are lying or not. While there are occasionally false-positives, the test can have incredible accuracies as high as 98 percent.
- After the test has been complete, you will be able to view the results almost immediately.
Tips to know:
- Some drugs can often throw off a lie detector. If the tester is on drugs such as an anti-depressant, be sure to let the facilitator know about this issue.
- When choosing a company to perform the test, always make sure that they are certified. It is also important to note how long that they have been in business. This will give you a good idea on what kind of reputation they have within the community.
- Aside from certifications, see if the provider is recognized by certain associations. Being recognized by associations such as the Police Polygraphists and American Polygraph Association are a huge plus.
- It is possible for a person to fool the lie detector, but this takes a lot of training which most people do not have.
- People who have a heart condition or are forced to take it should avoid a lie detector test at all costs.
Issues ideal for the test:
- Child Custody
- Civil Matters
- Employee Screening
- Insurance Fraud
- Personal Matters
- Sex Offenders
How can I save money?
- More than likely, there are many agencies in your area that provide this service. Perform a search online to find these companies and see what they charge. Most companies will list their fees right on their website, so it will be easy to compare and choose the cheapest service.
- Even if you can’t afford the bill up front, many services are more than happy to offer a financing plan. With this type of plan, you can pay a certain amount each month until the bill is paid off.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|