How Much Does a Life Coach Cost?
A life coach is a professional hired to help a person make decisions and deal with things in every day life. According to Lifecoaching.com, life coaching is “is a profession that is profoundly different from consulting, mentoring, advice, therapy, or counseling. The coaching process addresses specific personal projects, business successes, general conditions and transitions in the client’s personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what your obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be.” If you feel that you need help in these areas of your life, hiring the services of a life coach may be a good idea.
How much is it?
- On average, most life coaches are going to charge anywhere from $50 on the low end to as much as $1,000 per month. With this price range, plan on getting anywhere from three to five sessions per month.
- For an hourly rate, most qualified coaches are going to charge between $50 and $350 per hour. This is going to greatly depend on their availability, their credentials, and history of experience.
- If you want to plan your payments per session, it is best to budget at least $50 to $200. On average, this is what most life coaches are going to probably charge in your area.
- According to LifeCoach.com, the average life coach will charge between $200 to $1,000 per month, which works out to about $100 to $300 per hour. For corporate coaching, it is best to plan at least $1,000 to $10,000 per month.
- KimKnightCoaching.com offers a few packages of which you can take advantage. For instance, they have a start-up package that costs $350 for the month. With this package, you are going to get 4 half-hour sessions and one on one coaching. Other packages can cost as much as $875 per month.
What is going to be included?
- Life coaches can do everything from helping a tattered relationship to motivating you on a business venture. Generally, whatever you want help with in life, they are going to be able to help coach you along. Similar to a psychiatrist, they will help offer advice, listen to your problems and answer any questions that you may have.
- A life coach can help you with gaining more financial independence, time management skills, professional growth, improved motivation and even help reduce your daily stress.
- Sessions will last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Generally in a professional setting, many coaches can also help you over the phone.
- “You, the client, are the only expert in your entire life who truly knows who you are and what you need. You are the only expert who can recognize what is absolutely best for you. We are simply experts in the coaching process. As your coach, we help you discover what your own personal “best” might be.” (Lifecoaching.com)
What are the extra costs?
- If you want your life coach to be available at all times for a phone call or quick consultation, this will be an extra charge. Some may charge a flat extra fee, while others will charge per phone call or extra consultation.
Tips to know:
- Life coaches are going to specialize in many areas that include dating, marriages, careers, family relationships, business development and more. It’ is so important to find a life coach that can help you with a specific area in which you are looking to get help.
- Make sure that you do not just hire any life coach off the street. A good life coach will have an education and experience, and he will be able to prove to you why you should hire him/her.
- Try to look for life coaches that belong to certain associations such as the Coach Training Alliance, International Association of Coaches and others.
- Keep in mind that some coaches will want you to make a long term commitment before they help you. They may claim that it is going to take more than one session to really help you with your particular situation.
How can I save money?
- LowCostLifeCoaching.com can help you find life coaches for less than $50 per month. This is a great opportunity for those who are on a strict budget.
- Usually, it is going to be cheaper to be coached over the internet rather than go into an office. If you do not want to leave your home, consider hiring a life coach that can help you over software packages such as Skype.
- A reputable coach will let you talk to him for a few minutes for a free consultation. If a coach does o’t offer a free consultation so that you can get a feel for what they can do, it is probably best to choose someone else.
- All numbers are not set in stone. Be sure to negotiate with some of these coaches as many are more than willing to bring down the costs.
- The more sessions that you purchase up front, the more you are going to be able to save per session.
- Do not just go with the cheapest coach that you can find. Remember, you are going to get what you pay for. If the coach is so cheap that you are questioning it, you may want to do some research and find out why the price is so low.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|