How Much Does Lift Kit Installation Cost?
Installing a lift kit is one of the many vehicle modifications that can be done to improve different aspects of an automobile. These modificaions can include improving the aesthetics of the car or improving speed and performance. There are also other modifications performed such as improving traction, handling and suspension. Suspension of a vehicle is very important since it maintains the vehicle’s stability on the surface. People install lift kits to improve suspension on rough roads, such as when driving off road. Some even say that lift kits improve the overall look of the vehicle since it becomes elevated.
How much does a lift kit cost?
- A lift kit installation can be performed at home or by a team of professional mechanics. The price of the installation will depend on the model of the vehicle in which the lift kit will be installed. Different mechanics also charge different rates depending on their location and the skills of the mechanic that will perform the procedure.
- On average, a lift kit installation can range anywhere from $150 to as much as $1,000 for the kit itself. This will not include the professional mechanic installation. To have it professional installed, plan on adding $500 to $1,000 for labor.
- On a few forum threads on the website JeepForums.com, truck owners usually share their experience with lift kit installations. The price, according to the people that have had this procedure done on their vehicles, can range from $450 to $715.
- According to the website 4x4LiftKits.net, the common price for the installation of a lift kit ranges from $500 to $645.
What is going to be included?
- The mechanic will use different materials and equipment to install the lift kit. But before he installs it, he will perform a thorough evaluation of the vehicle. The inspection will allow him to understand the condition of the vehicle.
- The mechanic that will work on the vehicle will take several measurements and assessments of the vehicle. He will also have to remove different parts of the car to be able to install the lift kit that will replace the suspension.
What are the extra costs?
- You may need additional parts in order to make the kit work properly. These parts can include the track bar, new drive shaft, bigger tires, or even stronger axles. Since each car is different, a mechanic will recommend what is going to work best for your car.
- As mentioned above, professional mechanics can often charge anywhere from $600 to $1,500 to install a lift kit.
Tips to know:
- If you are not going to attempt to install it yourself, consider talking with a mechanic before you purchase the kit itself. Otherwise you may not budget enough money to cover the costs.
- There are many kits available from which you can choose. Each one caters to a specific make and model of car. Make sure that you heavily research the reviews of the kit you choose to ensure that it is the right fit for your car.
How can I save money?
- With mechanics, it is best to talk with at least three in the local area. By getting a quote from each, you can be sure that you are getting the best deal. When hiring one, however, make sure that you ask him about his experience in installing lift kits.