How Much Does Linoleum Flooring Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Linoleum flooring is made from a linseed oil and is very similar to vinyl flooring. Mixed with resin and other powders, linoleum flooring is formed through the use of large rolling machines and can be quite inexpensive compared to other flooring options. This type of flooring is durable and can commonly be found in rooms such as a kitchen or utility room. The cost of linoleum flooring is going to depend on the brand, the amount needed, the design, and the store selling the product.
How much is it?
- On average, plan on spending anywhere from $1 to as much as $4 per square foot for the flooring.
- For a kitchen that measures 10×12, the costs could vary anywhere from $120 to as much as $480 without any type of professional installation.
- Higher-end linoleum with sophisticated designs can be on the higher-end of the price range. Custom orders can cost more as well.
- According to the website Armstrong.com, the cost of linoleum flooring can range anywhere from $2 to $3 per square foot. Luxury vinyl will often be on the higher-end of the price spectrum.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to hire a professional contractor to help with the installation process, the cost can vary from $1 to $3 per square foot to have it installed. If older flooring or appliances have to be removed, the price can go up.
- For those that are able to install the flooring on their own, additional tools will be required to get the job done properly. These include items such as a pry bar, floor roller and utility knife.
What is going to be included?
- Linoleum can come in a wide variety of colors and designs. Most floors can last upwards of 50 years depending on the brand.
- Linoleum flooring is made from a linseed oil and wood powder and can resemble tile, hardwood, or other types of flooring.
- Depending on the brand, some manufacturers often offer warranties that can last from a few years to a lifetime.
Tips to know:
- Linoleum flooring is a great choice for those that are on a budget. Since these floors are resistant to water, they make a great choice for rooms such as the bathroom, kitchen and even the laundry room.
- Being able to handle high amounts of foot traffic, you will never notice any sort of wear and tear. It also makes a great option for those that have children and pets.
- When installing the flooring, always make sure that you save a piece. In the future, you may find that you will need to replace part of the floor. If the exact flooring you used is no longer being produced, it will be very hard to match. The additional pieces can ensure that you can match the floor properly.
How can I save money?
- Linoleum can be installed yourself, but keep in mind that some parts of the installation process such as cutting can be quite complex. Consider looking at guides online to find out how it can be done. For example, this Lowes.com guide is a great step-by-step guide to follow in order to successfully install linoleum flooring.
- If you plan on hiring a contractor, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to find the best quotes in your local area. With this website, you will be able to compare local contractor quotes.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|