How Much Does a Mail Order Bride Cost?
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/howmuch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whydowork-adsense/whydowork_adsense.php on line 332
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/howmuch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whydowork-adsense/whydowork_adsense.php on line 340
For those that want to get married but are having a hard time in the United States, finding the woman of your dreams may be more of a challenge than you thought. While you can only go so far through online dating sites, friends and family, many resort to services such as a mail order bride. A mail order bride is a service that helps you find a woman living in a foreign country such as Russia, Thailand and more that want to marry someone in the United States.
How much does a mail order bride cost?
- Many websites online can connect you with a bride overseas. These dating websites are no different than any other dating site out here. Memberships alone can vary anywhere from free to as much $500+ per month.
- To communicate with your soon to be bride, as well as fill out various paperwork such as a VISA, a translator will be required, unless you know the language itself.
- On average, once everything is all said and done, the overall cost of mail order brides can range anywhere from $5,000 to $25,000. This doesn’t guarantee a wife, though. It’s not unheard of for the budget to get well into the hundreds of thousands.
- According to a study done on American.edu, the typical male can expect to pay anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 for a group session. There is no guarantee that a successful bride will be met.
What is going to be included?
- The membership service alone will allow you to look up profiles of various women from many various countries.
- Once you find a profile that you’re interested in, you can pay a premium fee for additional information. This information may include a phone number, address, email and more.
- A mail order bride package that lets you meet with other women can include airfare, transportation, hotel, tours, a social gathering, food and memberships to a club.
- During these group sessions, a many will enter a room with other men. Usually, the ratio is anywhere from 30 women to every 1 man. Since most women can’t speak English, the interpreter at the event will do their best to meet you up with the best match. Many on goers to an event such as this, find it to be very stressful.
- If you want to avoid the group sessions, the company will provide contact information for the profile you want. As noted above, a fee will be charged for the contact information.
What are the extra costs?
- Since most women can’t speak the best English, a translator is sometimes needed in order for you to understand them. Translators can charge anywhere from $10 to $20 a hour.
- Some services online charge you per address you acquire. Each address can vary anywhere from $5 to $25 per address, per woman.
- The same can be said for each call. Many services can charge up to $5 to $10 per minute to translate what the bride says on the other line.
- Recurring annual memberships can apply. Plan on setting aside at least $100 per year to keep the membership active.
- If you don’t feel like browsing women online, print catalogs are available. These catalogs can cost $100 to $200, depending on the size.
- If you want to travel to visit your soon to be mail order bride, a hotel, airfare, food and more will have to be purchased for the trip. This trip alone can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000+. The average airfare for a flight to Russia alone is $1,200 to $2,000.
- Airfare to a country overseas such as Russia can start at $1,000 and go up from there.
- Ultimately in the end, a VISA will be required to have your bride-to-be live legally in the United States.
Tips to know:
- Always be sure to keep in constant contact. A big red flag is that if the person states that they “love” you within a few letters. There are many scams out there in regards to finding a mail order bride, so make sure that you do the adequate research before diving in.
- Watch out for those that want to meet right away or for those that even ask for money. It’s best that you make the arrangements, instead of her.
- Keep in mind that a visa is very hard to get. If she wants to come visit, don’t send money if they are asking to come visit the country. The process is a lot more complicated that one think and there’s a good chance that you won’t see that money ever again.
- Make sure that you study these letters. Are they personal? If they aren’t, it may be a chain letter sent out to those they are looking to scam over.
How can I save money?
- Compare various mail order bride services online. Be sure to know of the scams that can be out there. A lot of scammers float around in the mail order bride industry.
- Services such as AnastasiaDate.com is a very popular match making service online connecting men with potential women around the world.