How Much Does a Mallet Hammer Cost?
A mallet hammer is designed to strike an item such as a nail or piece of wood with a cushioned end rather than a hard metal end like a regular hammer. This is to prevent damage to the item that needs to be impacted. Mallet hammers will have a larger head, usually 1 inch to 2 inches in diameter, than a traditional hammer, which usually has a head of 1/2 inch – 1 inch in diameter. This mallet that is used as a tool is not the only type of mallet made, however; there are also mallets that are used to tenderize meat. These usually have a square metal head with a certain texture used to impact the meat properly. The cost of either type of mallet is going to vary depending on the brand, the size, and the use.
How much is it?
- A rubber mallet is going to cost in the range of $7 to $20. For example, STANLEY has a 18 ounce mallet that costs $11 to $18. A mallet that is made of 100% wood without a rubber end can range from $10 to $18.
- A double ended mallet that has a hard side as well as a soft side can cost $8 to $25. These are ideal for those that want a hammer and mallet built into one. A popular brand such as TEKTON has a double face mallet that retails for $8 to $15.
- An industrial mallet that is designed to tenderize meat can cost $8 to $22.
- Mallets may also come in a set that include 3 to 5 different sizes. These sets can cost $6 to $15.
What are the extra costs?
- A case or toolbox is optional, but many prefer to add it to the tools that they already own.
- Depending on the way you use the mallet, it may need to be cleaned regularly. Cleaning supplies will be an additional cost.
What is going to be included?
- Higher end brands may include replacement heads in the packaging. These are used when the heads either wear down or they simply need to be replaced.
- Warranties or a “guarantee” may be included with the original purchase. The item must be registered online to ensure that you can get a replacement in the future if anything does happen to it.
How can I save money?
- Check with your local dollar store as many of them sell simple mallets for $1. While it may be a cheaply made item, it will get the job done for the time being.
- Consider a double face mallet if you’re going to be doing more a job that requires both a mallet and a hammer. This will save you money on buying both tools separately.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|