How Much Do Maltipoo Puppies Cost?
A Maltipoo is a hybrid of a Maltese and Poodle breed. This can be considered quite a combination since both breeds are toy and show dogs at the same time. The price for Maltipoo puppies varies depending on the age of the dog as well as the gender. Different people from the United States sell puppies and the pricing of the puppies can be up to their personal discretion.
How much is it?
- Maltipoo puppies usually cost as much as other breeds, but since they are used as show puppies, they can command a higher price range as well. The average price for Maltipoo puppies ranges from $400 to $1,000.
- Older dogs that are over the age of 2 can cost $250 to $500.
- For example, a 10 week old female Maltipoo puppy can cost $400 to $550 in the Texas area. This puppy is considered to be the most basic hybrid of the Maltipoo variation and considered to be a perfect household pet.
- In a higher cost of living state such as California, a male Maltipoo puppy can cost $1,200 to $1,500. This puppy is 8 weeks old and has a small face which is not commonly found with Maltipoo; this explains the reason for the higher price. A playful teacup Maltipoo puppy sold in Ohio can cost $400 to $650. This puppy is a 10 week old male that is very playful and weighs only 4.5 pounds once fully grown.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional vaccinations and immunizations will add to the price of the puppies. These usually cost $50 to $150 depending on the vet clinic. Additional vet visits will be required down the road as well to ensure that the puppy is up to date with shots, etc.
- Registering your pet to get a license is also required and this can cost anywhere from $8 to $32 depending on your county or city ordinances.
- Start up supplies such as dog food, leashes, toys, beds and more will be required to ensure that the dog lives a long, healthy life.
What is going to be included?
- Several stores may include pet insurance for 30 days. You can get additional coverage after that.
- Most pets are also given vaccinations and other shots to prevent the thriving of parasites in their body before they are sold. Ask the breeder or store for documentation for your own records. Purebred puppies will have paperwork as well.
- Some breeders and/or companies may include start up items such as food, toys, and more.
Tips to know:
- These dogs can live in any type of atmosphere. Whether it’s a countryside or it’s a smaller condo, these breeds can adapt rather well.
- Before purchasing this particular breed, make sure that you do your homework to see where this puppy has been. It’s best to bring one home that is straight from a litter rather than one that has been sold a few times over.
How can I save money?
- There are several institutions that offer different types of animals for adoption. If you go this route, you’ll be able to save hundreds of dollars. Most of the dogs are already registered, which can help you save on licensing costs.
- If you can’t avoid buying a puppy, then try to make arrangements with the store. Many pet stores have financing options available.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|