How Much Do Marble Countertops Cost?
Countertops can be made from many different materials such as quartz, granite, marble, and more. Marble countertops offer one of the most beautiful and durable countertops made available today. Marble countertops, as the name implies, are made out of marble, which is a type of stone that is also used for floorings and other decorations. The price for marble countertops depends on the size and the design of the countertop. There are may different manufactures that produce this item and this can have an effect on the price as well.
How much are marble countertop prices?
- Depending on the type of marble countertop you purchase, the price can vary. The size will play a factor as well. On average, marble countertops are either sold in panels or tiles which can cost anywhere from $40 to $225 per square foot. This is not going to include the labor costs if you choose to have a professional contractor install them.
- Pre-cut marble countertops can range from $40 to $75 per square foot. Tiles of marble used for countertop can vary from $12 to $20 per tile. These are pre-cut materials can either be cut at home or fit with standard countertop sizes.
- For a bath vanity, marble countertops that measure 40 inch by 18 inch can cost $475 to $700.
- Marble countertops are also sold already installed on top of a cabinet. The price for this can range anywhere from $1,100 to $1,700 per cabinet.
What are the extra costs?
- If you choose to have your marble countertop installed by a contractor, this will be an additional cost. The price will vary depending on the contractor that will perform the installation. A professional contractor can charge upwards of $25 to $140 per square foot. If older countertops have to be torn out, this can bring the price up as well.
- Additonal materials will be needed if you choose to install the countertops yourself. Materials such as caulk, a drill, a saw, and more will all be needed.
- Customized cuts will be required for corners and oblong kitchen designs. Most manufactures only carry standard stock designs.
- Smaller hardware shops or online e-tailers may charge a delivery fee.
What is going to be included?
- Marble countertops are sold in different varieties, but you can expect to receive only the basic marble countertop. This is usually pre-wrapped and either picked up from the local disbutor or store or delivered to your home.
How can I save money?
- Buy only the right sized marble countertop that you need. Measure your kitchen and make sure that you don’t exceed the appropriate measurement of the area.
- Consider other types of countertops. As mentioned earlier, there are different types of countertop available. Settle for the more affordable ones but make sure that you check the materials to see if they are as durable or close to what marble can offer. For example, laminate countertops can cost 30% less on average but may not be as durable.
- When looking for a contractor in your area, use services such as Service Magic to find the best rate and quote in your area.