How Much Do Marching Band Uniforms Cost?
A marching band is defined by more than just the music it plays. A marching band are defined and identified by their uniformity and harmony from the way they move down to the clothing that they wear. Since harmony is their theme, a marching band is always seen in a uniform, as this greatly accents their performance. Marching band uniforms provides identity to the group that wears them. The price for these uniforms varies depending on the design of the uniform as well as the quality of materials used to produce the uniforms.
How much is it?
- The design of the uniforms can be very basic or extremely striking. This is generally the most common factor for setting the price of a marching band uniform. The average price for band uniforms can range from $20 to $200 per uniform.
- Marching band jackets are commonly used today. There are different designs that range from traditional to breakout, which uses vivid colors. These jackets can have a single color or even insignia to identify the organization to which they belong. Marching band jackets can cost $90 to $250.
- Marching band trousers are worn for the lower part of the body and are designed to complement the jacket. Since most of the attention is on the upper body, the trousers’ design is less emphasized. The average price for trousers can range from $30 to $65.
- Shoes designed for those that march in a band can cost $19 to $65 per pair. Formal shoes usually cost $20 to $40.
- Marching band gloves are usually made of 100% cotton and can cost $2 to $10 for a pair. A hat with a plume can cost $17 to $45 depending on the quality.
Factors the influence the price:
- The quality of the uniform can increase the value of the uniform. 100% cotton based uniforms are going to cost more than a standard uniform.
- Customized uniforms that need a logo or name imprinted on them can cause the price to rise.
- Bigger sizes or customized fits will cost more than stock sizes.
What are the extra costs?
- Marching band uniforms should include shoes that will match the clothing. Marching band shoes are sold for $20 to $40.
- Additional accessories that could flair up the appearance of the band include military shoulder cords, capes, as well as gloves. These are priced anywhere from $10 to $45.
- Customized designs or embroidery can add to the overall marching band uniform price.
What is going to be included?
- If you purchase the uniform in a set, the uniform will provide a complete outfit for the individual wearing it. The uniform usually consists of the jacket and trousers as well as the gloves for the hands.
- Most companies accept color changes and custom designs that will suit the need of the organization free of charge.
How can I save money?
- Shop around; several providers sell marching band uniforms at varying prices. Have them look at the design that you want for the uniform and get the services of the one that can provide the best offer. Since you will be ordering in bulk, what little you save per piece can really add up.
- Check with your marching band group to see if the uniform can be purchased from a distributor that they work with. By purchasing the uniforms in bulk, this can lead to a greater discount than if purchased individually.
- Ask former band members if they have a use uniform for sale that matches the current uniform of your marching band.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|