How Much Does a Mascot Costume Cost?
A mascot generally serves as a symbol of either your company, sports team, or specific event. Having a mascot is a great way to interact with the public, entertain them, as well as get your name out. Whether you want to get a costume that is an animal, a logo, or some sort of graphic, there are many professional costume makers that can get the job done for you. The cost of a professional mascot costume is going to depend on the size, the fabric, colors, as well as many other factors.
How much is it?
- The main factor that is going to determine the price of the mascot will be the dimensions of the mascot. Most costumes are designed for a person of a particular size. The fabric will also be an influence on the price as well. If you’re going to have the mascot worn on a daily basis, it’s ideal to get a fabric that is easy to take off in addition to being washable.
- On average, a mascot can cost anywhere from $900 to $10,000. A higher end mascot that requires a lot of hand work can easily reach the $10,000 price tag. Most mascots will be within the $1,500 to $3,000 range.
- Mascot costumes that are already made can cost $400 to $1,000. These mascots are more generic and are made in mass quantities.
- A customized, embroidered mascot designed to fit a particular dimension can cost upwards of $15,000.
- For example, this Hungry Wolf Mascot can retail for $86 to as much as $150 while this scary gorilla costume can run for the same price.
What are the extra costs?
- Most shops will require a rather large down payment to ensure that you don’t change your mind while it is being made. Don’t be shocked if a company asks for the full price ahead of time. Most of the time, customized mascots are going to be non-refundable.
What is going to be included?
- Most costume shops are going to be able to meet with you for free. They are going to consult with you as well as draw up a mascot that will best fit your idea. They will be able to discuss the size, the fabric used, as well as give you a good idea on what it’s going to look like.
- The costume will be designed to your liking. This is going to have the colors, the appropriate fabric, and size you prefer.
- If you purchase a mascot outfit from a retailer online, costumes are going to vary when it comes to the material of the fabric. Most mascot costumes will come with a separate head attachment as well as gloves.
- Depending on the brand and company, a limited warranty may come included.
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing a mascot pre-made. Once purchased, have a local costume shop embroider your logo on the body or customize it the way you would like.
- Check sites such as eBay to find pre-worn costumes. This is a great way to save at least 30 to 60% off your purchase.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|