How Much Does a Massage Table Cost?
If you plan on giving massages at home or at your business, a massage table is a must. Without the right massage table, your clients could potentially feel worse than when they came in.
A massage table is elevated enough so that you can perform the massage while standing in a comfortable position. The cost of a massage table will depend on the brand, the quality of the padding, the size and where it’s purchased.
How much is it?
- On average, brand new massage tables will cost anywhere between $50 to $500.
- For example, this 2-inch pad folding massage table on Amazon.com retails for $65 to $200.
- Overstock.com, for instance, has a selection of massage tables that cost anywhere from $120 to as much as $500.
- MassageKing.com, an online retailer that focuses on massage products, sells various tables for $119 to as much as $500.
What is going to be included?
- A massage table is a very important piece of equipment for massage parlors and any place with a working massage therapist. This is where the client can lie down comfortably and enjoy a massage service. There many versions of the equipment on the market and you can find many of them with specifications like a face cradle to make the client feel comfortable and an arm sling to adjust the table’s height according to the client’s preferred position. It is very crucial for the therapists to have a good table for their patients and clients because a bad table can make their clients feel unsatisfied even after a good massage.
- A higher end massage table will typically have legs made of wood and foam padding made from a quality material. However, higher end, lightweight massage tables can be made from alloy aluminum.
- Portable tables will often have a carrying case for easy transport.
- Reputable brands should include a limited warranty that can last more than five to ten years.
- The average table will be 30 inches wide and the length of the table is around 72 inches. Retractable head options can add an additional 12 inches. Most tables stand 24 inches tall.
- Massage tables can sometimes have a storage area underneath them. This is usually only true of permanent massage tables, not portable ones.
What are the extra costs?
- Prepare yourself for the shipping costs in case you decide to choose a product that needs to be delivered to you. Even if you purchase the massage table locally, you still may need to have it delivered to your home or office.
- Portable massage tables may not include a carrying case, which can result in additional fees.
- Headset covers are recommended after every use.
- A set of sheets to lay on the table during is use is needed as well. In order to avoid constantly needing to do laundry, you should keep a few sets of sheets ready. Also, many people use towels of different shapes and sizes as pillows or for other uses.
Tips to know:
- If you want to find the best offer for the product, do a search online and make a product comparison among previous buyers. There are a pool of online shops and stores that offer different rates and prices. You can determine the best offer by comparing not just the price but also the other factors mentioned above, like the features, material and brand.
- Higher quality fabrics can often add 30 to 40 pounds to the table’s weight.
- Depending on the type of massages you offer, a massage table may not be your only option. There are massage chairs that can allow you to give full back massages while the person leans slightly forward against a chair. There are even massage chairs that can convert to massage tables.
- Even if you purchase a used massage table, make sure that you invest in new sheets and towels to make sure it is as clean as possible.
How can I save money?
- Keep your eyes open for any promos and other inventory sales from the regular stores. It does not hurt to look for coupon codes from larger eCommerce stores.
- A garage sale would also be a good source of heavily discounted equipment.
- Consider slightly used tables on eBay and Craigslist.