How Much Do Matinee Movie Tickets Cost?
A matinee movie has been a great money saver for those who can no longer afford the high prices of the movie theatre due to things such as Imax, 3D, etc. Seeing a movie on a weekday afternoon when the theatre is much less busy is known as see a matinee. Matinee movie tickets cost less than the standard ticket prices. The movie theaters do this as a way to attract moviegoers to watch the movie during off peak hours, usually the afternoon hours. The price for matinee movie tickets varies depending on location as well as the type of movie.
How much is it?
- The price for matinee movie tickets is very similar at most theatres; however, the location of the movie theater can be a factor. The average matinee movie ticket price is anywhere between $5 and $8. This price is going to greatly depend on the geographical location area.
- The average matinee movie ticket price in California can be anywhere from $8 to $11. This is a few dollars cheaper than the usual price of $13.
- The price for the matinee movie ticket in New York can be slightly cheaper as it costs $7 to $9, while the standard price for the tickets are usually at $12.
- In Washington, the price of matinee movie tickets is the same as in California. Each ticket is priced at $8 to $9 with the regular priced tickets being sold at $11.
What are the extra costs?
- The tickets can be purchased online so that you don’t have to wait in line, especially if there is a new blockbuster which attracts plenty of people. Some movie theaters may have an additional $1 charge as a service fee for online purchase.
- Most matinee movie goers can take advantage of promotions in the food section where you can get $1 popcorn, unlimited refills, and more. Check with your local movie theater to inquire about any available promotions.
What is going to be included?
- Movie tickets do not usually come with any inclusions unless the theater offers something extra such as a food combo, etc.
- If seeing a 3D movie, the movie ticket purchase will include some 3D glasses. These will either be returned at the end of the movie or be disposable.
How can I save money?
- Some theaters allow you to bring food from the outside. It is no secret that concession stands at the movie theaters usually command a higher price; getting food from outside can be much cheaper.
- Order tickets online and check for local coupon codes for a bigger discount. Sites such as Fandango may have discounted tickets that can be taken advantage of. Even if purchasing through a site such as this, be sure to look for coupon codes before making the purchase to see if you can get a discount.
- Consider checking online sites such as Groupon.com to see if there are any hot deals in your area. This site often has great buy one, get one free deals for local movies in the area. It never hurts to check as the website is free to join and browse.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|