How Much Does the MCP Certification Cost?
The MCP, or Microsoft Certified Professional, certification is a credential provided to individuals by Microsoft. This is mainly a program awarded to an individual who has the capability and skill to manage and service Microsoft products. Like other companies that provide certification, an MCP only certifies the individual with products concerning Microsoft. The exam for the certification usually takes about 2 to 3 hours to complete, although those who have passed the exam usually takes a variety of other focused certifications. The price for the exam does not differ since this is centralized by Microsoft.
How much is it?
- The price for the MCP certification can be almost the same across the board with minimal changes depending on where the exam will be taken. On average, the price for the exam can be anywhere from $125 to $150.
- The cost is going to be different depending on the country where the certification is taken. For example, the UK has a price range of £88 to £110.
- For example, some sites such as BuyItCert.com offers certification tests as well as services that guarantee an individual to pass the exam, but they charge a bit more than the usual exam administrators. If you wanted to take something such as this, the exam and services could cost anywhere from $500 to $550.
What are the extra costs?
- To be more familiar with the product, boot camps are provided by different institutions which can help the individual taking the exam become more prepared. Boot camps, books and DVDs can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $200.
- Exam failure will result in taking the certification exam over again.
- The MCP certificate will cost extra once the exam is passed. The first certificate can cost around $10, followed by $1 to $2 for each additional one.
What is going to be included?
- In order to pass, any Microsoft exam must be passed. These exams are going to include network exams, an accelerated exam and Windows NT.
- The exam will include the use of the facilities where the exam will be held. The test results and certification will also be provided by the administrator. Upon completion of the exam, your results will be sent out within a few weeks.
How can I save money?
- Preparation for the exam should be considered before taking it. This way you will avoid taking the exam more than once. Failing the exam the first time can result in a retake at the same price.