How Much Does a Measuring Tape Cost?
A measuring tape is a device used to get accurate measurements of different surfaces. A measuring tape is very flexible and it can measure lengths of 30 feet or more. Its flexibility allows it to be carried around in a pocket or toolbox. The most common use for a measuring tapes is in sewing, woodwork, or construction. The cost of a measuring tape is going to greatly vary depending on the brand, the type, quality, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- Measuring tape is one of the most common tools used for measurement and there are several stores that sell the tool. On average, a measuring tape is going to cost anywhere from $2 to $30.
- For example, the popular Stanley 33-425 that measures up to 25 feet retails for $9 to $25. The Domelon 4912M retails for $5 to $9.
- A laser based measuring tape that has laser targeting for leveling purposes can cost between $16 and $70. The price for a digital measuring tape that displays the exact measurement on a tiny screen can fall between $27 and $52.
- A measuring tape used to measure a body can cost $1 to $4. These measuring tapes are commonly used by tailors.
- An online store such as Toolorbit.com provides measuring tapes that are used for different purposes. They sell self adhesive tapes and regular measuring tape that are sold for anywhere from $7 to $22.
What are the extra costs?
- A level may be required for hanging pictures or working with other projects such as drywall, etc. Each project is going to require additional tools and supplies.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the purchase of measuring tape is the retractable container in which the measuring tape can be kept. These containers have locks which can be useful when measuring a large surface.
- Digital measuring tapes will have a smaller display screen that shows the exact measurement.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Measuring tapes are sold in almost any home improvement store in the country. The brand name can be different and there are some companies that offer the product at higher price because their product can be more durable. Measuring tapes are meant to last for a long time. Compare a few different brands to see which one works the best for your needs. It is highly recommended that contractors consider higher end digital models for accuracy.