How Much Does a Mechanical Bull Cost?
A mechanical bull is a machine that replicates the sensation of riding a bucking animal such as a horse or a bull. This machine is powered by a motor and its speed can be adjusted depending on the preference of the rider. The mechanical bull is usually surrounded by a padded flooring that can prevent injuries if the rider falls off the machine. The price for a mechanical bull depends on the material used, the size of the machine, as well as the manufacture selling it.
How much is it?
- On average, a mechanical bull can cost anywhere from $3,500 to as much as $9,000. Renting a mechanical bull on a monthly basis can cost anywhere from $350 to $550 per month.
- For example, the mechanical bull manufactured by USAJumping.com retails for $8,900.
- An online manufacture such as MechanicalBullSales.com offers different types of mechanical bulls with different designs. They sell the mechanical bulls for anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Another eCommerce site such as NationalInflatableRideRental.com offers a bungee bull ride, which is a mechanical bull suspended by bungee cords. They also have mechanical bulls available for $$1,140 to $2,194.
- A rental agency such as MechanicalBulls.com leases out their mechanical bulls per month on a rate of $500 to $650. They offer free delivery as well as free installation for the mechanical bull.
What are the extra costs?
- Since mechanical bulls are powered by a motor there are many parts that require maintenance that needs to be performed to ensure maximum safety and working conditions every time the mechanical bull is used. Mechanics can charge per hour starting at $30.
- For commercial usage at a place such as a restaurant or bar, a separate liability insurance policy may be required.
- Due to the size of these bulls, additional shipping expenses may be applied since it can’t be shipped via most traditional shipping methods.
What is going to be included?
- All of the tools and accessories needed to operate it will come included with purchase or rental of a mechanical bull. It will have a control station where the operator can control the speed and power of the machine from a distance. Speeds can generally be controlled at 10 different speeds.
- An inflatable bull may already have a built in padding area surrounding it, or it can be placed within an area that is padded.
How can I save money?
- Mechanical bulls can be rented or purchased. If you are not going to use it often, you may want to consider renting the machine rather than buying it. By doing this, it will help you save on maintenance costs as well as avoiding to pay the full price of the machine.
- Highly consider purchasing the machine used. Sites such as eBay have a selection of bulls starting at $1,000. If purchasing a bull using this route, be sure to include the shipping costs. If you’re going to pick it up in a local area, be sure to look at the weight of the bull to ensure that you’ll have enough people to pick it up as well as load it up. It’s also best to try it in person to ensure that it works.