How Much Does a Memory Card Reader Cost?
A memory card is a small memory device that can hold information such as documents, pictures, files, and many other things. These memory cards can be used to transfer information from one computer to another. They are also commonly used in digital cameras and video cameras as a way to get the pictures and videos to your computer. While most computers have a memory card reader built into the console, there are some that lack this feature. Also, there may be some computers that have one memory card slot but you are in need of more than that. To solve this problem, a memory card reader can connect to your computer very easily using a USB port.
How much is it?
- A memory card reader will cost anywhere where from about $5 to $35. The price depends upon two particular things: size and brand. The price of a memory card reader will be less expensive if it is for smaller cards such as a microSD card for a cell phone. If the memory card is an average-sized card, the reader will cost more. You can also pay around $35 and get a multi-card reader that has the ability to read many different sizes of memory cards. Brand is another thing to take into consideration.
- For example, the popular eSecure All-in-1 USB Card Reader retails for $7 to $20 on Amazon.
- Walmart.com, for instance, sells memory card readers that range from as little as $5 to as much as $30.
- MeritLine.com, another online retailer, sells a variety of memory card readers that range from $2 to $12.
What is going to be included?
- A memory card reader is a device that will have a USB interface. This device is going to be able to read memory cards such as a CompactFlash (CF), MultiMediaCard and Secure Digital (SD). Depending on the brand, some are going to have writing capabilities and most can also function as a pen drive. The average reader should be able to read up to 20-35 different types.
- When you purchase a memory card reader, most models will come with a USB cable. This is unless you purchase a model that is portable and there is a USB connector at one end of the device. If this is the case, it can simply plug directly into has USB port.
What are the extra costs?
- It would be in your best interest to pay the extra money to buy a reader that can read multiple types of memory cards. These readers can read memory cards from devices such as cell phones, digital cameras, and laptops.
Tips to know:
- If you are in the market for a new computer or printer, keep your eyes peeled for one that has a built-in memory card reader.
- These devices are quiet easy to use. Just make sure to follow the directions to ensure that you are not trying to read the wrong type of card in your memory card reader. This could potentially damage the device and your memory card.
How can I save money?
- You can always save money by keeping an eye out for sales and promotions. If you are going to purchase online, make sure that you look for a coupon code ahead of time.
- If you are using a microSD card, there are memory cards that act as adapters. These memory cards will have a small slot in which a microSD card can be placed. The memory card can then be inserted intot he traditional size reader without needing to have a special microSD reader.
- Also, if you really do not need a multi-card reader, then purchase a cheaper single card reader. That is a savings of about $20 right there. Check out different places on the internet and see what you can find. Websites like Amazon and Ebay sell items that are used at considerably low prices.
- If you do not mind that the item is used, you can find some pretty amazing deals. Also, look for deals on memory card readers during popular sale times such as Black Friday.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|