How Much Does a Memory Foam Mattress Cost?
A memory foam mattress is made of polyurethane with other chemicals added to increase the foam’s viscosity and density. Memory foams are pressure sensitive and can mold quickly to the shape of the body that presses against it. Once the pressure is removed, the foam will return to its original shape. The price for a memory foam mattress depends on the brand name of the mattress, the size, as well as the retailer that is selling the mattress.
How much is it?
- On average, a memory foam mattress can cost anywhere from $250 to as much as $5,000 for a higher end, king size model.
- Eco friendly memory foam mattresses that are organic can range anywhere from $800 to $5,000. The online store SelectFoam.com sells memory foam mattresses that vary in size and their price will fall between $829 and $4,999.
- A memory foam topper or pad that sits on top of any mattress can cost anywhere from $30 to $270. For example, the highly rated Sleep Studio 2-Inch Topper retails for $79 to $220.
- The online store MemoryFoam.com sells mattresses at prices that range from $350 to $800.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when buying a memory foam mattress is the bed frame that must be purchased for the mattress to be placed upon. These can be made of wood and steel and can start at $50. See: “How much does a bed frame cost?“
- Mattresses purchased online will have shipping fees that start at $100 due to the size and weight of the mattress. These mattresses have to be shipped through a third part cargo distributor.
- While optional, many opt to purchase a topper that can be added to the top of the mattress to add even more support. These toppers can range anywhere from $50 to as much as $150 depending upon the brand.
- Similar to a topper, a pad can be purchased as well. A pad is ideal for those that not only want more support, but want to protect the mattress from accidents and spills .
What is going to be included?
- Major manufacturers provide warranties depending on the bed that you will purchase. These warranties can last up to a lifetime.
- Each mattress will have its own firmness. When purchasing this type of mattress, it’s very important to look at the firmness to ensure that you’re purchasing one that fits your body style. On top of the firmness, it’s also best to consider the density as well.
Top brands to consider:
- Sleep Innovations
- Sleep Masters
How can I save money?
- There are other cheaper alternatives when buying or choosing mattresses. Other mattresses can provide maximum comfort at a lower price. These mattresses are made of different materials that can be cheaper than memory foam mattresses.
- If you really want to buy a memory foam mattress, consider using a topper for your current mattress. While it will not be similar to a mattress, it can offer a significant difference during your sleep.
- Check local merchants to take advantage of sales that may be offered. These sales can pop up toward the end of the season when newer models come in.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|