How Much Do Microdermal Implants Cost?
Microdermal implants are one of the many types of body modification that can give an aesthetic appearance. A microdermal implant can be placed on any part of the body. When the object is placed below or partially above the skin, the skin will start to heal around it as if it were a piercing. This is different from a conventional piercing, and the cost of one will greatly vary depending on the individual performing the procedure.
How much is it?
- The cost of microdermal implants will widely vary depending on where the implant will be placed. On average, the average cost for one can vary anywhere from $55 to as much as $320 for an average procedure to be done.
- According to a Buzzle.com article, the cost of this procedure should cost around $75.
What are the extra costs?
- On top of the implant, most shops will add a simple gem ball. If you want to get something that is unique or more expensive, plan on spending $5 and up depending on the quality of the jewelry.
What is going to be included?
- Known as a “single point” piercing, one bead will be visible. Because of the procedure, you will be able to place this implant anywhere on the body. During the procedure, an anchor will be implanted into the skin. Using a needle, the implant can easily be inserted. Once the implant has been inserted, gems can be placed inside of the anchor.
- There are a few different kinds of microdermal anchors. These anchors can include one large hole that has an oval shaped base. Another can include two smaller hole that have one side with a small hole and the other side will have a screw base.
Tips to know:
- This type of piercing can be a rather complex procedure. Because of this, it is going to be relatively hard to find someone that can do this.
- Since this procedure is relatively new, be sure to talk with a few shops in the local area. Make sure that they are fully aware of how the piercing works and check into how many piercings that they have worked with in the past. Do not sacrifice cost for experience.
- To find a great piercing shop in your local area, consider checking with the local Better Business Bureau or even check reviews online.
- Most say that this type of piercing is comparable to a surface piercing. In fact, some state that it can be less painful that a traditional piercing.
- After this has been done, be sure to keep the area clean and dry from any type of irritants. Try not to use any lotions either. It can take more than two months for a complete healing to occur.
How can I save money?
- Using the tips above, consider talking with a few shops in the area. All of them are going to greatly vary with their pricing. Money should not be your number one concern as you can often get what you pay for if you do decide to go the cheaper route.
- Since the procedure is quite new in some places, you may be better off going with a traditional piercing. Because it is a new procedures, the long terms effects, if any, have not yet been determined.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|