How Much Does Military School Cost?
The words “military school” are often associated with children whose bad behavior cannot be controlled or curbed. While this type of schooling can help cure a child’s bad behavior, it is also a pathway to helping build a child’s future and even career. There are many different types of schools that can provide the education and discipline that you child needs, and each of them can vary in price the same way that a military school does.
How much is it?
- The cost of military school can greatly vary depending on the prestige of the military school itself. The cost can also be influenced by the type of student that is going to attend the school. The accepted ages can greatly vary anywhere from a younger child to as old as a college student.
- A military school is going to cost a lot more than a public school, and even more than many private schools. For a day-school program, plan on spending anywhere from $8,000 to as much as $14,000 per year.
- For a school that is going to include room and board, the costs can be significantly higher. The costs can range anywhere from $18,000 to as much as $40,000 per year.
- In 2011, the average tuition rate for a seven-day boarding school was $37,000.
- For example, the Fishburne Military School located in Virginia charges around $25,000 for students that want to board, while they only charge around $10,000 for children that only attend throughout the day.
- According to the website FamilyFirstAid.org, the cost of military school can cost anywhere from $3,000 to as much as $5,000 per month. They state that most schools are going to request that all the money be paid up front.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the school’s policy, some may require that the student purchases the school uniforms. These uniforms can greatly vary anywhere from $500 to as much as $1,500 for the entire year.
- On top of military school curriculum, some may also offer extra curricular activities such as band, art and more. These additional classes can often have premiums that are outside of the regular tuition rates.
What is going to be included?
- A military school will be very similar to a public school in what they are going to offer for classes, extra curricular activities and more. While a military school is designed to help with bad behavior, it is often the best option for children who need more structure in their lives.
- Most military schools are going to last anywhere from nine to ten months and require that the full tuition is paid up front before a student can enroll.
- While most schools do have room and board options, some do n0t.
Tips to know:
- Most military schools are going to serve the same gender, typically males. While female-only schools are available, there is a rather good chance that you will have to travel outside of state lines in order to get to one.
- Military school is not recommended for those that have behavioral problems such as ADD/ADHD, depression and ODD.
How can I save money?
- Scholarships, federal funding, and even financial aid are available to those that need to send their child to a school such as this. Consider talking with a local state agency to see what you can potentially qualify for. If you qualify for this type of assistance, this can take a burden off the total bill.
- Those that pay a lump sum will often see a discount if paid ahead of time.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|