How Much Does the Minute Clinic Cost?
The Minute Clinic is a walk-in clinic that can be found within many CVS pharmacies across the United States. While not every CVS has one, the ones that do can provide illness, injury and skin condition exams, physicals, vaccinations and even provide monitoring for your health. The cost of visiting this clinic will widely vary depending upon the tests that are being performed, your insurance provider, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, the CVS Minute Clinic ranges anywhere from $60 to as much as $100 for a walk-in session. This is a session that will not include other things such as lab work, prescriptions and more.
- Exams and screenings are going to be anywhere from $59 to $79, while minor illness and minor injury exams can cost as much as $100.
- If you have any sort of health insurance, these clinics will be more than happy to accept it. If you have a health insurance policy plan that is accepted by the clinic, you will be responsible for your co-pays and deductibles.
- To get a list of tests that the Minute Clinic can perform, check out their official website at MinuteClinic.com. You will be able to view the prices and things that they can do in your local area.
What are the extra costs?
- If lab work, such as a blood, test has to be done, the results are going to be considered an additional cost.
- If a prescription has to be written, getting it filled will be considered an additional expense. Since prescription drugs can widely vary, the costs can be anywhere from $10 to as much as $200 or more without any type of insurance.
What is going to be included?
- At the Minute Clinic, trained practitioners are going to be able to help treat and diagnose a wide variety of problems such as pink eye, strep throat, the common cold, and other various infections.
- The practitioners will be able to prescribe a particular medication after the diagnosis has been performed. To save time, the prescription can be filled right at the pharmacy.
Tips to know:
- The Minute Clinic is a great way to get treated for minor illnesses without having to wait for an appointment with your doctor. Keep in mind that they will only treat minor issues that can be easily fixed with medication.
- The Minute Clinic will often have hours posted. Be sure to check the hours before heading in to make sure that they are opened.
- While these clinics are located inside of CVS, this does not mean that every CVS is going to have one. To find out which one has a clinic, you can check out here.
- If the illness or injury is rather extreme, skip walk-in clinics such as this one and go straight to your local hospital’s emergency room. Since they will only work with minor injuries and illnesses, they will more than likely send you there anyways.
How can I save money?
- A walk-in clinic is a lot cheaper than going to the hospital’s emergency room, so you are already saving money by visiting the Minute Clinic.
- If the nurse recommends that you fill a prescription, you can ask for the generic of the medication to save money, especially if you do not have medical insurance.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|