How Much Does Move Out Cleaning Cost?
A move out cleaning service is one that cleans a home or office when the previous resident is moving to another location. Whether you are moving out of a rental unit or you are preparing to sell a home, a move out cleaning service can come in and make sure that your home looks like new. While this service is similar to a maid service, a move out service will do a lot more in terms of detail work. In most cases, the prices are going to vary depending on the size of the home, the amount of cleaning that needs to be done, and the company performing the job.
How much is it?
- On average, a move out cleaning service is going to charge anywhere from $100 to $400 for the entire process. This price will really depend upon how dirty your home is and the amount of space that needs to be cleaned.
- For instance, a 1,000 to 1,500 square foot home should cost $130, while a larger home that is bigger than 2,500 square feet could be closer to $200.
- Finishingtouchcleaningservice.com has a nice calculator in which you can insert information to get a decent estimate for your move out cleaning costs.
- Mr. Belvedere Cleaning Services charges $175 for a studio apartment to as much as $275 for a 3-bedroom home. For every additional room, an additional $20 fee will apply.
Size of Home
$65 to $90
$80 to $110
$90 to $130
$110 to $150
$130 to $160
$150 to $190
$180 to $220
$210 to $250
$260 to $300
What is going to be included?
- Basic cleaning is going to include a detailed job that includes cleaning all general areas, bedrooms, appliances, the kitchen, bathrooms and the exterior space. The maids will dust all blinds, vacuum, mop, dust, extensively clean the appliances, wipe down cabinets and countertops and clean the bathrooms in detail.
- Depending on the home, average move out cleaning sessions take around three to five hours to complete. Most companies prefer is the home is as empty as possible.
- The cleaning company should already have all the cleaning agents and tools that are needed to complete the job. You should not have to provide any of these things, unless you want a specific cleaner or scent to be used.
What are the extra costs?
- Some companies are going to clean the windows while others may charge extra for this service. Plan on spending around $3 to $5 for every window that you want to have cleaned while the cleaning company is there. This will usually only include the inside of the windows.
- Dirty appliances such as refrigerators and stoves may mean excessive surcharges.
- Premium cleaning such as polishing surfaces, dusting blinds, cleaning the inside of the cabinets and cleaning baseboards can all be considered extra. Every service will have its own inclusions.
- If the inside of a fireplace has to be cleaned, this can be considered extra.
- Outside areas such as a garage or attic can cost extra.
Tips to know:
- If you are not too fond of cleaning, this $100 investment could save your security deposit with your landlord. Many landlords out there can be very strict with their deposits and if the home is not clean enough to meet their standards, they may take some money out due to the home being dirty.
How can I save money?
- Many cleaning services offer promotional deals from time to time. A great place to find cleaning services at a discount are websites such as Groupon.com.
- With so many cleaning services in your area, websites such as HomeAdvisor.com can help you find the lowest quotes in your area. Let them do the dirty work for you and gather you a handful of quotes at no charge!
- While hiring a service to perform this cleaning is very convenient, this money can be saved by simply doing this cleaning yourself.