How Much Does Naming a Star Cost?
Naming a star is a service provided by several companies that allows an actual nameless star to be named after a person. Because of the vastness of the universe, the majority of the stars are nameless and are only distinguished by a catalog number. The package used to name a star usually contains star naming instructions and provids details and the chosen star name. Since there are millions of stars in the sky, it’s not possible to provide a map that displays your own star, but the instructions should allow you to identify the location of your star in relation to the constellations and other major stars. The price for naming a star is usually dictated by the companies that provide the service.
How much is it?
- Naming your own star is going to cost anyhwere from $40 to $105, depending on the package chosen as well as the service provider that is chosen.
- Different companies offer different star naming services and they offer different packages as well. For example, one company offers a standard package which includes certificate of registration and star charts as well as detailed description of the constellation and what it represents. The price for the standard package can be anywhere from $50 to $60.
- Another package that is offered is the deluxe package. This package includes everything that was mentioned above, as well as a framed certificate that you will be able to display. This is sold for $70 to $75.
- Another company that offers naming a star service has additional items included with its package. The standard package that they offer includes all the documents and maps as well as a signature medallion. This package is sold for $40 to $45.
- The ultimate package offered for naming a star package is sold for $98 to $105. This includes all the basic documents but it also has a book included as well as other items such as folders and plenty of guides for meteor shower schedules, etc.
What are the extra costs?
- The extra costs when purchasing naming a star packages are the additional items that are included depending on which package you buy. Each package, as mentioned above, is going to include different features such as certificates and more.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the product are instructions that will provide you instructions on how to name the star that has been assigned to you. You’ll also get coordinates for the location of the star’s position via an enclosed wall map.
- Once the star has been named, you’ll get official paperwork that shows you exactly where the star is in space.
How can I save money?
- If you are only interested in naming a star, it would be a good idea to just purchase the basic package as the other packages cater to those who are far more interested in the constellations and other heavenly bodies.
- Keep in mind that most of these services are not official. Wired noted that these star naming services are just for fun. Be sure to do your homework before purchasing one just so that you’re not finding that you’re just wasting your money with the entire purchase.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|