How Much Does the NASM Certification Cost?
The National Academy of Sports Medicine, or NASM, Certification is an examination based on health and fitness and is gained for different purposes. The certification can license a person to teach movement, exercise science, and behavior modification. Also, practitioners will be allowed to create individualized training programs to maximize athletic performance. Another certification focuses on the ability to work with muscular impairments, imbalances, or post rehabilitation concerns. The price for the certification differs depending on the type of certification you will take.
How much is it?
- The NASM certified personal trainer certification is offered through Nasm.org. The price for the certification exam and online practical exam is priced at $599. This is the most basic package the academy offers.
- Another package offered by NASM is the CPT, standard which includes the exam as well textbooks, study guides, Ipod video, online course content, and MP3 audio. This package can cost anywhere from $584 to $649.
- The CPT Plus is a package priced at $701 to $779. This includes everything the CPT standard has as well as other features including a live workshop.
- The CPT Premier is pegged by NASM as the best value package they are currently offering. This includes all the items in CPT standard as well as a DVD, a prep course bundle, and HFPN resource pro membership. The price for this package is $719 to $799.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the package of the exam that you take, the inclusions will be different. Although the basic exam is what is most important, the other materials included can help you prepare.
What are the extra costs?
- Recertification is needed to ensure that qualified professionals maintain entry level guidelines by participating in continuing education programs. This is useful as they are intended to promote continued competence. Recertification fee can cost $99.
- Additional study materials, DVDs, and books can add to the cost. Many opt to purchase books outside of the program such as study exam guides, etc.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money is to take the most basic package NASM offers. The inclusions may not be as many but you will be able to get the exam that will provide your license.
- If you feel that you need additional learning materials, you may want to try the academy’s premier package which includes everything that you need to help you prepare for the exam.
- Consider purchasing second hand books on sites such as Amazon. Not only should they be in decent condition, this is a great way to save 60% or more.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|