How Much Does a Network Cable Cost?
A network cable is a type of cable used to connect one network device to another or to connect two or more computers in order to share computer information between different types of devices such as a printer. Different types of network cables available include a coaxial cable, optical fiber cables and twisted pair cables. Most computer networks still use cables to transfer data and signals, even with the rising popularity of wireless computer networks. The price for network cables depends on the brand of cable, the length of the cable and the retailer.
How much is it?
- Most electronics stores sell network cables. These cables come in different lengths, and depending on how long the cables are, the price can be different. On average, a network cable can cost anywhere from $1 to $10. A 25 foot cable can cost $1 to $5, while a 75 foot cable can cost $5 to $10.
- For example, the RiteAV Cat5e Network 50 foot cable retails for $5 to $7. A 25 foot cable that is manufactured by the same company retails for $1 to $3.
- A retractable cable that can extend in and out can cost between $2 and $15.
- Staples, one of the leading office supplies stores, sells network cables through their site for anywhere from $16 to $74. The cables’ length ranges from 7 to 100 feet.
- A cable company is one of the best places to get your cables. Not only will be given expert advice on the different types of cables, but you will be guaranteed that you will be getting the right cables. An eCommerce store such as Optimization-World.com sells different types of network cables that range in price from $5 to $100 depending on the size.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional length of network cables can be considered to be an additional cost. If you purchas just the cables, RJ 45 connectors attached at the end of the cables can also become an additional cost.
- A network cable tester is ideal for those that want to make sure that the cables are functioning properly before installing. These cables can cost anywhere from $4 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- There are Ethernet cables that have attached RJ 45 connectors on both ends. A RJ 45 connection is essential when connecting the cables to the different devices.
- Network cables commonly come in sizes that include 25, 50 and 75 feet. Customized cables can also be made using connection.
How can I save money?
- Buy an Ethernet cable that will just be long enough to meet your needs. Since the price for network cables vary by length, the longer the cable is the higher the price will be. By identifying how long the distance is between the devices, you will be able to buy just the right amount of cable needed.
- Consider creating your own network cables. These cables can be made in any lengths. This is ideal for those that want to work larger jobs. ComputerHome.com has a guide on how to make your own network cable.