How Much Does the Network+ Exam Cost?
The Network+ exam is a type of exam that addresses the latest skills and knowledge needed by technicians on how to secure a network. The exam can cover network technologies, media, topologies, devices and security. The Network+ certification is also an international industry credential which can add to the credibility of an individual looking for a career in the IT industry. The price for taking the network+ exam depends on the facility that offers the exam.
How much is it?
- On average, the network+ exam can cost anywhere from $150 to as much as $300 per attempt.
- For example, a student recently took a test at a local testing center in California, and the final cost was $219.
- According to the site Proprofs.com, the price for taking network+ exams can range anywhere from $220 to $239 per attempt. Each individual will have 90 minutes to take the exam, which consists of 100 questions.
- NetworkPlusNotes.com gives out information regarding the possible questions on the exams and states that the exam can cost anywhere from $150 to $200.
- CertKiller.com provides learning tools that you can use to prepare yourselves better before you take the exam. According to the site, the price for the exam can be anywhere from $240 to $280.
What are the extra costs?
- If you failed to pass the exam the first time, you will have to retake the exam. The re-take fee will be similar to the fees listed above.
- You may want to consider taking test preparation exams to help you pass the exam the first time you take it.
- Guides and DVDs to help study for the examination can cost anywhere from $10 to $150. For example, the popular CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Guide retails for $35 to $60.
What is going to be included?
- The Network+ exam will cover network topics that include devices, management, and security. CompTIA highly recommends that candidates have at least nine to twelve months of experience on the job before applying for the exam. Network technicians that are currently looking for jobs will find that most major corporations will require the passing of this particular examination.
- The test will take up to 90 minutes and a score of more than 720 will be required in order to receive a passing grade. The test will consist of 100 questions.
How can I save money?
- You may want to consider taking preparation exams to make sure that you are well prepared before you take the exam. This will help you avoid taking retakes that can cost extra.
- If you are already working in the IT business, ask your company about this exam. They may cover the costs for their own employees.