How Much Does Neuropsychological Testing Cost?
A neuropsychological test is a type of test that is designed to measure the psychological function which is known to be linked to a particular brain structure. This test measures several categories such as intelligence, memory, and language. The neuropsychological test is performed at different prices which depend on several factors such as the location where the test will be performed as well as the facility that will be conducting the test.
How much is it?
- Testing facilities are offered all over the United States and they offer the test at different prices. On average, the price for testing can range anywhere from $200 to as much as $5,000 for the complete process. Each patient is going to be different depending on his wants and needs. Some facilities may charge by the hour, charges which can vary from $55 to $210 per hour.
- According to the site NeuropsychologyAssessment.com which is based in Maryland, the price for neuropsychological testing can cost anywhere from $225 to $3,000.
- DrDavidGleason.com provides services for neuropsychological testing for a price that ranges from $175 to $4,250. Dr. David Gleason is a psychologist that conducts these tests on a monthly basis for his patients.
- NeuropsyNYC.com, located in New York City, also provides neuropsychological testing for both adults and children. The price for the testing differs depending on the age of the patient. The price for the test ranges anywhere from $650 to $950.
- For those that have health insurance, this type of testing may be covered. Make sure you inquire with your insurance company before having the test done. Each health insurance policy is going to vary.
What are the extra costs?
- Individuals that would like to undergo neuropsychological testing need to set up an appointment and they will need to adhere to the schedule. They can cancel the appointment, but many offices may charge an early termination fee.
- If the psychologist thinks that other tests are required outside of what was initially prescribed, these separate tests can cost extra.
- Written reports that are handed out after an analysis may incur an additional fee. This will depend on the doctor performing the job.
What is going to be included?
- The fee for neuropsychological testing includes the fee for the doctor that will be making the evaluation. Depending on the test, the materials that will be used can differ, but this should be included with the payment as well.
- During this procedure, a neuropsychological test will measure the brain structure or the pathway. These tests are commonly used to research the brain function and help treat deficits. After the test is complete, the results will be matched up to a normal sample and compared to the overall population. The psychologist will factor in things such as your ethnicity, the age, level of eduction, as well as other factors.
Types of neuropsychological tests:
- Dementia Tests: These tests will test factors such as memory, orientation, language, as well as help with problem solving. These tests can be a good indicator of whether the patient is suffering from something such as dementia.
- Intelligence Tests: These tests will examine the intelligence of an individual. Common tests include the Ammons Quick Test, Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale and Wechsler Test of Adult Reading.
- Language Test: These tests will help with an individual’s faculties that include speech, reading and writing. Tests in this category include the CAT, Boston Naming Test and Lexical Decision Task.
- Memory Test: This test will specifically focus on memory by using tests such as the Cambridge Prospective Memory Test, the TOMAL, TOMM or the WMS.
How can I save money?
- Neuropsychological testing can be covered by insurance. Check with your insurance provider regarding how much they can cover so that you will be able to identify how much you can save.
- If you cannot afford the testing, check with local health services to see if there are any grants or discounts available. If you are able to pay out of pocket, check with the doctor’s office to see if they can provide you with a full cash discount.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|