How Much Do Newspaper Subscriptions Cost?
A newspaper subscription is a type of business model where a customer must pay a fee to get newspapers on a daily basis. A subscription requires a business advance payment for the service before they provide it to the consumer. This type of business model is also applied to other formats such as magazines. The price for a newspaper subscription varies depending on the type of newspaper, the geographical location, the type of service required, as well as other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a newspaper can cost anywhere from $8 to $30 per month or up to $360 for entire year.
- For newspapers such as USA Today, Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, the price for the subscription ranges from $20 to $330 for subscription period of 8 to 52 weeks depending on the type of newspaper.
- For example, Subscription.com offers newspaper subscriptions for over 200 newspapers from all over the United States. The subscription rate can range anywhere from $20 to $200 with subscription length ranging from 8 weeks to 1 year.
- The site DiscountedNewspapers.com provides subscription for newspapers in any region, a service which can cost between $1 and $8 per issue.
What is going to be included?
- The subscription fee will cover the delivery of the newspaper to your house. The newspapers will be delivered to you early morning, usually by at least 6 to 8AM, through different mediums. Papers will be bundled to protect from bad weather such as rain and snow.
- Sunday newspapers can come equipped with circulars that include coupons, local store ads, and even free samples such as new cereals, etc.
What are the extra costs?
- The additional cost for subscribing to newspaper is the tax, which depends on the state in which you will be subscribing.
- Out of state subscriptions can be mailed for an additional fee. For example, if you want to receive the Detroit Free Press in Los Angeles, additional mailing fees can apply.
How can I save money?
- Get the newspaper directly from the publisher; they are able to provide discounts that can reach up to 70%. Subscribing means you are already saving money compared to buying them from newsstands.
- Consider purchasing Kindle versions. These e-Reader versions are the same exact newspapers, but can be sent directly to an electronic device. By subscribing this way, one can save up to 70%.
- Consider going to the newspaper’s website directly. These websites can offer a limited amount of content, but it should be free to view.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|