How Much Do Night Vision Goggles Cost?
Night vision goggles are an instrument that allows images to be produced in different levels of light, allowing the user to see in the dark. Although night vision goggles are mainly used by law enforcement and the military, consumers can purchase these devices as well. Evolving over the years, night vision goggles have come a long way since their invention. The price of a pair will greatly depend upon the features, the size, brand and quality.
How much is it?
- On average, night vision goggles can cost anywhere from $400 to as much as $7,000 for an average pair that can be purchased by consumers.
- The highly rated Yukon Tracker Goggles that have night vision technologies retails for $450 to $600.
- For example, the online retailer NightVisionMall.com offers a variety of night vision goggles that cost anywhere from $400 to as much as $5,000. The higher-end products tend to be highly comparable to what the United States military uses.
- NightVisionPlanet.com offers a wide selection of goggles as well. Their prices can start at $300 and go as high as $9,000.
What are the extra costs?
- Some types of night vision goggles run on specialized batteries while others can run on normal batteries. These batteries will either need to be replaced or recharged.
- A case is highly recommended if the original goggles did not come with a case. A nice leather case can start at $30 and go up from there.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of goggles, features can include built-in brightness controls, brightness protection from the light and even designs to help the eyes when looking through the goggles. This will help avoid eye strain over time.
- Goggles will come with some sort of head mount that will wrap around the head so that the goggles can be hands-free.
- Depending on the quality, each pair of goggles can have its own optimal zoom, often being able to zoom in more than three times. With night vision binoculars, the zoom can go as high as ten times.
- Night vision goggles will have two different eyepieces: one will be a bi-ocular, and the other will intensify what you see, known as the binocular.
Tips to know:
- Other products can offer night vision technology. These products can include spotting scopes, binoculars, rifle scopes and multi-purpose systems.
- There are a few different generations of night vision goggles. This can include the two, three and four generations. As the generations get higher, the performance of the goggles will increase as well.
How can I save money?
- Due to the higher price of these goggles, consider purchasing them used on websites such as eBay or even Craigslist. Be sure to do your research ahead of time to ensure that the goggles work. Purchasing used can often help you save more than 40 percent.
- If purchasing a pair of goggles online through a merchant, consider scouring the web for coupon codes or even sales. This is a great way to save.
- Be weary of goggles that cost less than $200. While the price tag can be rather attractive, most find that the goggles just do not get the job done. If you are going to invest the money anyway, be sure to invest into a higher quality pair.