How Much Does a Nose Piercing Cost?
A nose piercing has always been considered as a form of expressing yourself. Just like tattooing, this is a method by which a person takes advantage of his freedom of expression without affecting others. Most often, a nose piercing refers to an act in which you get your skin or a piece of cartilage in the nose area that is pierced through. History shows that nose piercing is actually considered to be a more acceptable practice than ear piercing in the past. Of course, while the costs for the piercing are quite cheap or low in price, you still need to consider whether you really need to do it or not. The social implications must also be considered, since some places of business would not allow you to have one if you are an employee.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a simple nose piercing is going to cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $65 with a simple piece of jewelry. The main factor for the cost is your geographical location and the shop where you are going to get the piercing done.
- Buzzle.com states the average cost for a nose piercing is usually around $30 to as high as $65. This is usually subject to the shop and location where you will be getting it done.
- Some piercing shops will often base the pricing for the nose piercing on the type of jewelry that will be used on the nose. Simple rings and studs start at $10.
- There are some that prefer to get their nose piercing from a doctor. However, the website Essentialbeauty.com states that it is best to find a professional piercer rather than a doctor as the former has a better idea of what works for the nose and the type of jewelry to be used rather than the doctor.
What is going to be included?
- The process of getting your nose pierced is actually pretty simple. The nose can be pierced in three areas that include the nostril, septum or the bridge. Using a sterile needle, the artist will dab the area with an anti-bacterial swab. After the area has been disinfected, the needle will puncture through the skin and the artist will instantly insert the new piece of jewelry.
- Common jewelry that people choose include a ring, bone, pin, stud, screw, u-bend or spike.
- A professional piercer can will be able to give you suggestions regarding placement of the piercing. This will be based on the shape and structure of your nose as well as your face. You can choose to listen to their advice or not.
What are the extra costs?
- Pain medication could be expected especially when there are after effects to the process.
- An anesthesia injection to produce numbness on the nose may be needed. However, professionals will not encourage this as you would then experience two types of injections rather than just one.
- After the piercing, you will have to take care of the piercing properly. Many artists will recommend a special soap or formula to keep the area cleaned.
- If you want to upgrade your jewelry, the costs will depend on the type that you choose. A diamond stud will cost a lot more than a simple piece of sterling silver.
Factors that influence the price:
- The type of piercing you would get will be the biggest factor that affect the pricing. Usually, the cheapest would be the most common, which is the nostril piercing while the more expensive are the bridge piercing and the septum piercing.
- The location where the piercing shops are found would also be factors that increase the prices of the operation. If you find a shop in a chic and highly urbanized area, then you will certainly expect it to be higher than a rural area.
Tips to know:
- Consider whether you really need this nose piercing process just to express your ideas and art. This is again a painful process at times, and you may want to reconsider, especially if you have medical concerns.
- Choose a professional piercing shop to do the process rather than choosing a cheap provider can save you money in the long run. Do not just focus on price, because you may find someone that is not properly licensed or sanitary.
- Select a provider that offers you credibility and validity when it comes to their setup. This is a sure sign that their procedures are safe and their tools are fresh and new.
- Make sure that you know how to change your jewelry in the future. It is not as simple as taking it out and replacing it with a new piece.
How can I save money?
- Choose a professional provider that will assist you in the aftercare procedures. Most people often forget the steps they need to take to care for their noses after the piercing. Nose piercing is a cosmetic procedure, and you may need to look into the different providers in your area and compare the prices and credibility that they offer.