How Much Does the OCA Certification Cost?
An OCA, or Oracle Certified Associate, certification is the base or first level of certification for Oracle Database Administrators. Those who have this credential have the skills and knowledge as well as have demonstrated that they have mastered Oracle skills and are able to perform foundation level tasks. This certification is a prerequisite if an individual would like to get other levels of certification from Oracle. The OCA is a stepping stone for those that want to either become a Certified Professional (OCP) and/or a Certified Master. The cost for the exam to get the certification varies depending on the type of examination that you take.
How much is it?
- The exam for the OCA certification is to be taken at Oracle testing centers. On average, the price for the examination can be anywhere from $125 to $150 per exam.
- For example, FLDOE.org lists the price for one of the examinations, the SQL fundamentals exam, which can cost anywhere from $95 to $125.
What are the extra costs?
- There are additional examinations that you will need to take before you can complete the OCA certification. Additional exams such as Introduction to SQL, Database SQL Expert and others are prerequisites that can range in price from $95 to $220.
- Additional study guides and CD-ROMS to help you prepare to take the exams can range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more per book, depending on the book.
What is going to be included?
- The test will take no more than 90 minutes and contains up to 70 questions. In order to pass the exam, you are going to need to score a 66% or higher.
- There are different types of exams that can be taken, and depending on the examination that you take, the test inclusions can be different. The only items that are going to be included is the specific test that you will take. The Oracle University page has more information on how to apply as well as what you should know about the exam itself.
How can I save money?
- There are promotional exam discounts available online that can greatly reduce the price of the test. Trying to get these can greatly assist you in reducing the examination’s price thus helping you save money.
- Purchasing a study guide or a boot camp session before the exam is taken can greatly increase your odds of passing. If you fail the exam, there will be a waiting period before you can take it again as well as another testing fee.