How Much Does Outdoor Carpet Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Outdoor carpet can be a perfect addition to your home, especially if you have a terrace, veranda or an extension outside of your home. Aside from adding life and color to your home, an outdoor carpet will also protect your flooring from scratches, dust, mud, and dirt. It also helps prevent family members or visitors from slipping.
Outdoor carpet is specially designed to hold up, even when it is exposed to the worst types of weather. It is extremely durable and can last a very long time.
How much does it cost?
- If purchasing by the square yard, plan on spending around $9 to as much as $13 for outdoor carpet. By the square foot, the costs can be between $0.50 to $2. Like buying carpet for the home, the costs can depend on the brand, the material, the design and store you purchase it from.
- Pre-cut carpet, which is basically a rug made from outdoor carpet, is usually going to be between $25 and $200 depending on the size. For example, this 6′ x 10′ Rubber Marine Backing Outdoor Carpet by House, Home and More retails for $79.
- For example, CaldwellCarpet.com has outdoor carpet that starts at $0.49 per square foot. On the other hand, their 6 x 100-foot roll retails for $300 while the100-foot100 foot roll retails for $588.
- At ebay.com, an outdoor carpet that comes cut in size already costs around $10 to more than $300, depending on the material.
Factors that influence the price:
- Depth and richness. The thicker the carpet is, the more you will likely pay. Also, the features that the carpet has, such as UV resistance and marine graded carpet, can bring up the costs as well.
- Brand. With anything in life, the brand name of the carpet will increase the costs.
- Size. The more you need, the more you will pay. For smaller spaces, consider purchasing pre-cut pieces.
What is going to be included?
- Outdoor carpet styles are going to be available in many varying colors and weaves. Outdoor carpets will be made from a UV-resistant fiber and should also have an all-weather backing to prevent moisture from ruining it. This type of carpet is designed to withstand rain, snow and the sunlight. It is commonly used on porches and is also often seen on pontoon boats.
- Shipping or delivery fees may apply.
What are the extra costs?
- You might have to pay extra charges for the packaging, handling, shipping or delivery of the outdoor carpet especially when you buy this from an online store or from other states or areas. Just ask the store or seller beforehand regarding their terms and conditions that would apply in your case.
- Extra costs may also be incurred when you hire people to set up or install the outdoor carpet, especially if it requires various cuts and a large area. The outdoor carpet may also require maintenance such as cleaning or repairs later on.
- If you are redoing a boat and are having outdoor carpet installed, the costs of installation will be much higher since the cuts must be so precise.
Tips to know
- Shop around for the cost of an outdoor carpet in your area or you can do some research using the internet without leaving the comfort of your home. Try to get as many price quotations for an outdoor market and take note of the quality, materials, and specifications so that you can compare products and brands and get the best deal. Even if you are purchasing online, many stores are more than happy to ship a sample to see if you would like it.
- Just like carpet that is purchased for the home, outdoor carpet can come in all sorts of colors, styles, and textures.
- Read customer feedback or reviews online about a particular brand of outdoor carpet so that you will know whether it is of high or low quality.
- Before purchasing, make sure that the carpet is going to compliment the furniture outside. If you have not done so already, consider purchasing your outdoor furniture first.
How can I save money?
- Instead of hiring people to install the outdoor carpet you can opt to install this by yourself and save money. Consider getting a pre-cut carpet that already comes in large sections to save the most money. Lowes has a simple step by step guide.
- Cleaning of the outdoor carpet can cost a lot in the long run. In order for you to save money on maintenance, you can learn how to clean and maintain the outdoor carpet yourself so that you can cut down costs for labor.
- Take advantage of sales and promos on outdoor carpets.