How Much Does an Oven Cleaning Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Oven cleaning is the process of ridding your oven of residue and spills that have occurred when cooking. If you are using your oven on a daily basis, you will need to properly maintain it so that you will be able to use it for a long time. One of the ways in which you can maintain your oven and keep it in good condition is to regularly clean it after use. There are a few different ways to clean your oven. First, most ovens have a self-cleaning mode that will use very high heat and steam to clean the oven. There are also different products that you can buy which are capable of dissolving the grease and burned spots in the oven. However, for heavy duty usage, cleaning may require the assistance of professionals.
How much does it cost?
- The costs of cleaning an oven may vary widely. For example, the state or region, type of oven, size, number of burners, its condition, complexity of the work, and labor may all have an impact on the cost. On average, most companies are going to charge anywhere from as little as $40 to as much as $125 per oven cleaning. Keep in mind that most services are going to have a minimum fee to travel to your location.
- For example, According to Ovenperfect.com, a standard oven clean up is around $130. For bigger ovens, the prices vary.
- On the other hand, at Ovencleaningdevon.com, cleaning a single oven costs$40 to $60 while cleaning a double oven costs $50 to $75.
- An oven that has a self-clean setting can cost around $250 to $500 or more. However, there will be no cost necessary when this type of oven needs cleaning since it will do the job itself.
- Most oven cleaning products can cost from $3 to $10 at a local store. These will be harsher chemicals than other kitchen cleaners, so make sure you follow the handling instructions with care.
What is going to be included?
- If you hire a professional service to clean your oven, it can look as good as new when finished. Not only will the interior be clean, but oven detailing usually includes the removal of the oven door and all internal parts. They also clean the light cover and make the oven look new again. The cleaning of the racks, grill, and pan should also be included.
- Their price is based on the size of the oven and the number of burners the stovetop has.
- All removable parts are taken out where they are cleaned in a custom made heated tank where the grease and burnt food deposits are erased. A special formula is then applied in the interior to remove all traces of carbon, grease, and fat.
- The doors are then removed and split so that they can be cleaned thoroughly. Carbon behind the fan is then removed since it may eventually cause fire.
- After cleaning everything, the oven is re-assembled, polished, and degreased.
- Most jobs should not take any longer than two hours.
- If you purchase oven cleaning products, they should be able to fight and dissolve grease and good build up in the oven.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred when you hire a professional cleaner to clean your oven. This would cover the cost of labor and related expenses.
- As stated above, double ovens often cost more than a single.
- For other services aside from the oven cleaning such as oven repair, additional costs may also be required. This may include the purchase of materials and supplies, use of tools, and labor for the repairman.
- If you live miles out of the city, it may be more expensive for the service to drive to your home.
- Cleaning the oven yourself will require the use of scrub pads.
Tips to know
- Shop around for the cost of oven cleaning in your area. You can visit shops or make phone calls or visit websites offering oven cleaning services. You can then ask for price quotations and compare costs and services provided. This will enable you to choose the best deal. If you do not know where to get quotes, consider quote search engines such as HomeAdvisor.com. Most are able to give you a quote right over the phone.
- Read up or ask for tips on how to properly clean your oven after each use. This way, you will be able to maintain the good condition of your oven with or without a professional cleaner.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by cleaning the oven yourself instead of hiring someone to do the job for you. For example, some cleaners that are highly rated only cost $5-$15.
- Invest in a professional oven cleaning service so that you can save costs in the long run.
- If your oven is still under warranty, check with the store to see if they will provide a cleaning or at least give you a discount for being a loyal customer.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|