How Much Does a Paddle Board Cost?
A paddle board is a great alternative to a long board. Whether you want to cruise a lake, or even a river, this board allows you to stand up and paddle your way around the water. The paddle board price is going to vary on many factors such as the size, the brand, the store you purchase from and more.
How much is it?
- On average, a paddle board can cost anywhere from $400 to as much as $2,000 for a professional, competitive board.
- Stand up boards are going to cost anywhere from $500 to $1,800. For example, the Sevylor Samoa Stand Up Board has a 4 inch raised tip, has a built in carry handle kit, a high pressure pump and more. This particular model varies anywhere from $590 to $700.
- The Emotion Kayaks has a paddle board that is made from blow-molded plastic. This model costs anywhere from $380 to $450.
- For a higher end board, the Surftech Laird Tuflite is known for those that like surf with the bigger ways. It’s wide, thick design allows uncompromisable speed and maneuverability. This model runs anywhere from $1,300 to $1,600.
- Inflatable paddle boards are designed for those that want to transport them easier. These boards on average can cost anywhere from $450 to $1,000. For example, the Boardworks SHUBU inflatable paddle board will cost you anywhere from $870 to $1,000.
What is going to be included?
- Some paddle boards are going to come equipped with a paddle. While most prefer to invest into a more expensive model, this one shall suffice for the novice based user.
- Inflatable boards will more than likely come with a portable inflator, but this isn’t always the case. Be sure to check the manufacturer description to ensure that one may come with one.
What are the extra costs?
- For those that want a more expensive paddle, these can range anywhere from $50 to $200.
- Wetsuits are highly recommended for those that are going to take the sport seriously. A wetsuit, depending on the brand will start anywhere from $20 and up.
- Recommended by the U.S. Coast Guard, a life jacket is highly recommended to remain safe in open waters. REI has a guide on ways to start with Paddleboarding.
- If the inflatable versions don’t come with an air inflator, the cost of a portable inflator can start at $20 and go up from there depending upon the power output and brand.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to know what type of size and style of board that you’re going to want to purchase. It’s best to try one in person to get a good feel of how it fits your body.
- Each and every brand is going to greatly vary. Be sure to research these brands to find one that not only has a great reputation, but one that has high marks online by other users.
- Each and every paddle board is going to come with various packages. Be sure to compare and find one that has the perfect package for your budget.
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing your board second hand. Sites such as eBay have many various boards for a lower rate. Keep in mind that the shipping online may be a little more.
- If you live in a beach based town, check your local Craigslist. Many surfers tend to give up older boards so that they can upgrade them. This is a great way to come in and save up to 80%.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|