How Much Does Paintless Dent Removal Cost?
Paintless dent removal is the process of removing minor dents from the body of a motor vehicle. A range of damage can be repaired, but if the paint is damaged, this process is not suitable. This procedure is usually done to repair hail damage, door dings, minor body creases, and minor bumper indentations. Paintless dent removal prices are different depending on the asking price for the service by different contractors. The amount of damage inflicted on the car to be repaired will also play a factor for the different prices of this service. Contractor’s price depends on their skill and their reputation.
How much does paintless dent removal cost?
- The size of the dent is the largest factor in determinging the price of paintless dent removal. A dent that measures 1” to 2” can cost an average of $99 to $259.
- The price for dents that measure anywhere from 3” to 4” can cost anywhere from $160 to $325. Keep in mind that paintless dent removal is also measured by the depth of the dent since each dent can have a different depth.
- For bigger dents that are larger than 5″, the price can start at $275 and go as high $2,000 or more.
- If there are more than one dent on the same panel, many local collision shops will be more than happy to do those for a discount.
- Check with your local car insurance to see if they will cover part of the bill, if not all of it. This will all depend on your deductible, policy, etc.
- Repair kits that can be used at home can cost anywhere from $22 to $250. For example, the Dent Out Cross Bar Repair Kit can cost $33 to $40.
- According to the website DentKraftPDR.com, a dent that is 1″ in diameter can cost anywhere from $85 to $100 while a dent that is 2″ in diameter can cost $125 to as much as $150. Any dent that is slightly larger than 2″ can cost more than $150.
What is going to be included?
- Shops will give a free estimate to determine how much it will cost to repair the dent.
- The fee will also include the payment for the full of service of the repair, as well as the tools that will be used to finish the job.
What are the extra costs?
- Some dents will unfortunately require that paint needs to be removed. Under extreme circumstances, a dent may have to be re-painted. If this is the case, paint will cost extra.
How can I save money?
- Several contractors offer the service at different prices and you may want to compare their prices as well. You will also have to check the reviews for the particular contractor that you have selected to perform the repair, since lower price may not guarantee great results.
- If you are thinking about doing the repair yourself, you should consider whether you have any experience in this area. Just hire professional contractors to do the job for you so that it will save you trouble in the long run.
- Consider checking with your car insurance company before getting a dent fixed. Even though the dent looks small, the overall bill can be rather high.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|