How Much Does Palm Tree Trimming Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Palm tree trimming is the procedure done to a palm tree where the frond is trimmed. Palm tree trimming is required to guarantee that the tree retains its color to continue to be attractive. Trimming the tree will also maintain its size so that it is more manageable and prevents if from overgrowing. The price for palm tree trimming varies by contractor and the size of the tree. Trimming prices can also depend on whether there are buildings and utilities nearby and how many trees are on the property.
How much is it?
- A 30 foot palm tree can be trimmed for $75 to $437. This will depend on the type of palm tree as well as the condition of it. On average, expect to pay $100 to $225 per tree.
- A 30 to 60 feet tall palm tree can be trimmed for anywhere from $150 to $874.
- Some services may charge by the hour, regardless of the job. On average, hourly rates can vary from $40 to $75 per hour, and trimming can take 2-5 hours.
- There are other alternatives such as trimming the tree yourself. Hand held trimmers can cost $25 to $300 and can be very useful on small branches and loppers. These trimmers are ideal because of their reach, reaching up to 20 feet or more.
What are the extra costs?
- Cutting away dead or broken limbs can cost extra. This can be quite expensive since it will involve clearing the deadwood by using a bucket truck around the tree. The price for this additional service can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $2,400. The price also depends on whether the truck that will haul the deadwood has a clear exit path.
- Additional payments for emergency work will be required after the usual work hours or on the weekend. The cost for this will be around $250 to $350 extra.
What is going to be included?
- The trimmer will provide free evaluation on how to trim the tree, since there might be electric poles and other obstacles that can hinder the normal way of trimming. Most companies are more than happy to provide customers with a free consultation on what it will cost.
- A professional tree trimming service will trim the bark and the other parts of the tree to ensure that it’s visually appealing as well as healthy.
How can I save money?
- For smaller trees, you may want to consider doing the job yourself as there are tools for rent or for sale that can help you save on labor costs. Also, you can rent smaller trucks to haul away your deadwood and this is far cheaper than getting the service of a contractor.
- The more trees that are trimmed in one session, the more you will save per tree.
- Use services such as Service Magic to find local arborist that will give you the best rate in your area.