How Much Do Panoramic Dental X Rays Cost?
A panoramic dental x-ray is commonly used in dentistry. This type of x-ray provides a broad overview of the entire mouth. It also supplies information for the upper and lower jawbone, plus other hard and soft tissues of the head and the neck. Panoramic x-rays are very easy to use since the panoramic film is contained in a machine that moves around the head of the patient. Panoramic dental x-rays are offered by many dentists and each provides the service at different prices.
How much is it?
- On average, panoramic dental x rays cost anywhere from $75 to $225 without insurance. If the x rays are combined with a dental exam, the full package can cost $125 to $300.
- Check with your insurance carrier to see if you’ll be covered under the procedure. Dental riders are optional with most health insurance policies, but many companies cover these type of procedures.
- For a dentist that needs a panoramic machine, a panoramic dental x ray machine can cost anywhere from $3,475 to $60,000+. These types of x ray machines have a touch screen selection of arch sizes and shapes, which also enables an easy selection of panoramic arch sizes and tomographic slice locations.
What are the extra costs?
- Dentist offices will charge per x ray taken. Each individual picture of your mouth will add to the costs.
- If the x ray shows areas that need immediate assistance, a dentist may recommend that an emergency procedure is done. If this is the case, the price will vary depending on the procedure that is needed.
- When purchasing an x-ray machine, you’ll need to use an x ray film much like a paper is used for printers in order todisplay the x ray results effectively. The x ray films are usually sold in boxes and the price can be anywhere from $20 to $50 per box.
What is going to be included?
- A panoramic dental x ray is going to take full pictures of your mouth, depending on the shot. These high detailed shots will be able to spot any decay or problems with your teeth.
- Manufacturers of dental x ray machines back up their product with a full one year warranty. This warranty will cover any defects the machine may encounter during the duration of its usage.
How can I save money?
- Check with insurance providers to have a dental rider added to your policy if you don’t already have one. Since x rays are recommended on a yearly basis, there is a good chance that you’ll need x rays many years to come. Check with services such as eHealthInsurance to find policies that have dental riders.
- For a dentist office, several companies provide x ray machines. You can select from a wide array of companies that sell the product so you will be able to select the one that can offer the best machine at the lowest price. Basic features are what you need when considering an x ray machine. Don’t go for sophisticated looking machines as they can add more to the price tag.