How Much Does Paperless Drywall Cost?
Paperless drywall is a type of drywall that is most popular for its mold resistant characteristics. A drywall, also known as a gypsum board, is a panel made of gypsum plaster pressed between two thick sheets of paper. This is used to make interior walls and ceilings. Paperless drywall is made from fiberglass rather than paper. The price for paperless drywall depends on the size of the drywall as well as the type materials used to make the drywall itself.
How much is it?
- On average, a typical panel is going to range anywhere from $10 to $22, all depending on the size and brand.
- For example, a 4’ x 8’ x ¼” paperless drywall panel that is either fireproof or waterproof is sold from $11 to $15 per panel. A paperless drywall that has almost the same dimensions, except that it is a bit thicker can cost anywhere from $10 to $17.
- Bigger drywall panels that measure 4’ x 12’ x ½” are also available and these can range from $15 to $19. They are also either fireproof or waterproof, which is very convenient and assuring for homeowners.
- According to this HomeDepot.com guide, there are various types of paperless drywall. This type can range anywhere from regular to a moisture resistant drywall. Thicknesses can range from 1/8″ to 1/2″.
What are the extra costs?
- Paperless drywall joint tape is needed so that you can connect the drywall and remove the gaps that are normally seen when trying to attach 2 panels of drywall together. This product is sold for $5 to $9 per roll.
- You can also combine or attach drywall together by using an all purpose joint compound which can be purchased for $7 to $13.
- Paperless drywall paint is used to put color on the drywall. This is sold in gallons and can range from $35 to $55. Again, this is going to depend on the colors, brand, and quality.
- To have the drywall installed, contractors may be necessary, especially if you don’t have any experience with drywall itself. Contractors can charge $40 to as much as $200 an hour.
What is going to be included?
- Paperless drywall can be used by itself and just needs to be properly installed. Some manufactures may offer a guarantee or a warranty that can last up to a lifetime.
- This drywall is different than your typical drywall as it doesn’t have a paper surface. Instead, the surface is going to be covered with fiberglass. The perks of having this type of drywall is going to help prevent mold, but keep in mind that it isn’t mold proof.
- One of the main perks of this drywall is to help prevent mold as it isn’t known as a food source for mold growth.
How can I save money?
- You will be able to save money if you compare prices from several sellers. There are different companies that would offer paperless drywall and some of them can provide the best price for the same quality paperless drywall.
- If you have to have this drywall hung by a professional, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to find the lowest quote in your local area.