How Much Do Papillon Puppies Cost?
Papillon is a breed of dog which is also known as a Continental Toy Spaniel. This breed is considered as one of the oldest toy Spaniels, which derives its name from its butterfly look of the long and fringed hair on the ears. The ears are the main aspect that distinguishes this breed from other dogs. Papillons are happy, friendly, adventurous and usually aren’t shy or aggressive. Papillons tend to have long life as well; a Papillon can live up to 16 years. Several factors are considered when determing the price of the Papillon puppies such as the age, quality of breed, the breeder and geographical location.
How much is it?
- Papillon puppies are usually sold by an individual rather than a pet store. The price of the puppies depends on the seller and you can choose to make arrangements with the owner to get the most reasonable price. A 17 week old Papillon puppy can cost anywhere from $175 to $800.
- A female Papillon puppy tends to fall in a higher price range, usually from $600 to $850.
- An older Papillon that is over the age of 2 can range from $75 to $300 depending on the colors and breeder.
- An AKC champion bred dog can fetch a price tag as high as $2,500. These dogs tend to have perfect markings, as well as the appropriate paperwork.
- For example, a 13 week old Papillon puppy sold in the state of Ohio can be purchased for anywhere from $140 to $330. This puppy has three colors and is very small, said to be only about the size of a teacup.
What are the extra costs?
- You’ll need to have your dog registered so that it will have a license. A license can be obtained for $8 to $40, depending on the county and city regulations.
- Feeding your dogs allow them to become healthy and active at the same time. Dog food is sold in bags and can be purchased for anywhere from $15 to $40, depending on the brand.
- Necessary vet bills, as well as supplies such as dog bowls, leashes and more, will be required in order to have the puppy live a long, sustainable life.
What is going to be included?
- Some owners that sell Papillon puppies offer dogs that have insurance as well as dogs that already have a license.
- AKC champion bred dogs will have the appropriate, registered paperwork.
Tips to know:
- These breeds are rather tiny and don’t do well with younger children. The dogs tend to be the perfect companion for older adults.
- These dogs tend to get along great with other animals such as cats.
- This is a very sociable breed that doesn’t like to be left alone.
- Being naturally curious, these dogs love to play with any sort of toy and have lots of energy.
How can I save money?
- When you consider purchasing Papillon puppies, or any dogs, consider the ones that already have a license and insurance, so that you’ll be able to save on these extra fees.
- Consider adopting dogs rather than buying them as there are many institution that offers pet adoption at no cost at all.