How Much Does a Paralegal Certificate Cost?
A paralegal certificate is a document granted by a non-governmental agency in recognition of an individual that has met the certain predetermined qualifications specified by an agency or association. This program is designed for beginning and advanced legal workers in which students are trained to assist trial attorneys, interview witnesses, and investigate complex fact patterns. There are several institutions that offer this program and therefore the prices will greatly vary.
How much is it?
- The price for getting a paralegal certificate depends heavily on the school or university that offers it. There are also several curriculum offered which can affect the price. A certificate can cost anywhere from $1,000 to as much as $16,000 or more a recognized university. Most students spend in between the $7,000 and $14,000 range.
- For example, Meditec.com offers a paralegal assistance certificate program for $1,700 to $1,900. Aimsced.com also offers paralegal certificate program which can be taken online. This program includes 14 weeks of online courses which they boast as a good alternative solution in taking the program for getting paralegal certificate. They offer the program for anywhere from $1,000 to $1,300.
- Universities may offer some of the most expensive tuition fees but they provide a rigorous educational experience that focuses more on the practical skills needed to succeed in the field of paralegal. For example, Villanova University offers an evening program that costs around $6,600.
- According to the website Paralegal-Institute.com, they claim that the average paralegal should plan on spending anywhere from $7,000 to as much as $15,000 for their education.
What is going to be included?
- The fees to get a paralegal certificate will allow you to use the facilities of the campus such as the lab and any training exercises that may be useful. It will also cover the cost for the professor that will lead your classes.
- Upon completion, you will receive a certification so that you can gain employment in the work force as a paralegal. The average salary is anywhere between $30,000 and $55,000. This is going to greatly depend on the geographical location of the applicant.
- A paralegal is going to be able to assist lawyers during their practice as well as draft paperwork and research. Most jobs today won’t require any type of degree and a certificate should suffice for most.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional cost includes books that are needed to serve as a guide during the course. Book prices will vary from program to program depending on the professors preferences.
- Some institutions charge a one-time school enrollment fee that can cost $95, as well as individual courses that can cost up to $687 per course.
- An application fee may apply when trying to gain admittance into the school.
How can I save money?
- Getting the best education doesn’t mean you would have to spend a lot. There are institutions that offer the program at more affordable prices and there are universities that provide scholarships as well.
- Make sure that your education is approved by the ABA (America Bar Assocation). Without this approval, many companies may look over your resume.
- Be weary of some online schools as some don’t hold the proper accreditation.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|