How Much Do Parenting Classes Cost?
Parenting classes are a series of classes taken by soon to be parents or parents that would like to learn or improve on their parenting skills. The classes encourage participants to promote warmth, love, respect and good communication with the child. The classes should be taken by people who are brave enough to admit that they do not know everything about taking care of a child. The classes provide information on what to expect from a child at a specific age and how to handle different types of situations. It will also be a good opportunity to meet other parents and learn how to manage stress and anger. The price for parenting classes depends on the institution that offers it as well as the extensiveness of the classes that will be taken.
How much is it?
- On average, classes can cost anywhere from $0 to as much as $400 for a 8-12 week long course.
- Check with local churches and non profit organizations as many of them offer classes a minimal rate compared to a private organization.
- For example, an online parenting class at LoganParentingClasses.com can cost anywhere from$30 to $35. A 5 session parenting class that totals 12.5 hours is offered by ParentLink.org and costs upwards of $400 and meets once a week.
- Hrtaz.org is local classroom that charges $15 per week for their class. Each parent will be able to pick out a particular focus and learn from there. Once a parent graduates, the participants will be able to receive a certificate.
What are the extra costs?
- Graduating or extending your classes to another level may incur extra charges. Some institutions allow you to go from one level to the next.
- Some classes will require books or videos that must be purchased.
What is going to be included?
- The items included with parenting classes involve the supplemental training materials as well as the use of the training facilities and hand outs that will be provided for use during the class. Parenting classes are going to teach you everything that you need to know about raising a newborn all the way up to raising a teenager.
- Upon graduation, most are going to include some sort of certification showing that you have graduated the program.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to know the history of the teacher that is going to teach the class. Be sure to know his/her credentials as well as get a syllabus for the class to know what to expect ahead of time.
How can I save money?
- There are sites that list parenting classes hosted by the local communities which are free. Look for local organizations that provide this service as it can help you save several hundreds of dollars for a parenting class.
- For those that don’t mind learning on their own, there are many books available online that can teach you all the basics. See: “How much do parenting books cost?“
- Be open with friends and family who have children as well. You can share tips and struggles and help each other free of charge.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|