How Much Does Parmesan Cheese Cost?
Parmesan cheese is a type of hard cheese that originated in Italy but it is now widely produced and used worldwide. Parmesan cheese is distinctively salty and it has many uses, but it is mainly used for toppings in pastas and pizzas. It is also used as a crucial ingredient for different sauces. The price of parmesan cheese varies according to the quality, the form, the amount purchased, the store selling it, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- Most purchases are going to fall within the $4 to $20 range. For example, Parmesan cheese packed in 6 gram packages, parmesan cheese powder and 100% real parmesan cheese can range anywhere from $4 to $124.
- Authentic aged home cheeses are going to be in the higher price range, while a store brand will be more toward the $4 mark. For example, a 28 month aged Parmesan cheese can cost anywhere from $50 to $65.
- Grated Parmesan cheese that come in different sized containers can range from $4 to $28. Most Parmesan cheese containers come in 8, 16 or 24 ounce containers.
- For example, Walmart.com sells different types of parmesan cheese online and in the different store locations. They sell fresh parmesan cheese, shaved parmesan cheese, and shredded parmesan cheese for $5 to $30.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase online, the only additional cost that will be involved when buying parmesan cheese is the shipping and handling charges.
What is going to be included?
- Parmesan cheese will either be processed in a air tight container that can be used as a spreader or it may come in a seal tight bag.
- Some containers of parmesan cheese have recipe ideas and uses printed on the label.
Top brands to consider:
Tips to know:
- When purchasing legit Parmesan cheese, it’s best to look for cheese that has an even coloring on the outer edge of the cheese. Try to avoid any cheese that has any type of discoloring. If purchasing by the rind, it’s best to look for cheese that isn’t cracking.
- Keep in mind that most of the grocery store parmesan cheese isn’t truly “parmesan” cheese. Instead, this is processed cheese not used from the real stuff. In order to get a truly, legitimate parmesan cheese, consider looking for popular Italian brands such as Parmigian-Reggiano, etc.
- This type of cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five weeks. After this five weeks is up, the flavor and texture will start to wear away. Before storing it in a fridge, be sure to wrap it with wax paper and re-wrap again with a clean piece of paper. Note the date to ensure that it doesn’t go past it’s expiration date.
How can I save money?
- There are different stores that offer Parmesan cheese. Look for a store that can offer it at a discounted price. While authentic cheese can be the best, it is going to be the most expensive route.
- Another way to save on money is to use coupons whenever you do your shopping. Check top brand sites such as Kraft to see if they offering any type of coupons.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|