How Much Does Pastry School Cost?
A pastry school is an establishment that provides a person the necessary skills and knowledge in making pastries and other baked goods. A pastry school usually conducts lectures in classrooms and they also provide kitchen activities to allow students to experience and perform the actual baking themselves. Pastry chef instructors also provide demonstration, which they tie in with the lesson. There are several pastry schools that offer their services at different prices. The price will depend on the school’s reputation, the length of the program, as well as the location of the school. Another factor considered for the price of the pastry school is the prestige the school providing the service.
How much is it?
- On average, a pastry school can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $40,000 for a full certificate course. A simple, recreation course that lasts 5 to 12 weeks can cost anywhere from $150 to $2,000. The recreation courses generally do not provide any certification, but rather help you learn the ropes about the industry.
- More recognized schools are going to be toward the $40,000 mark, while a standard school will be towards the $10,000 price tag.
- There are several institutions that provide training for pastry making. For example, FrenchPastrySchool.com offers 3 different certificates for pastry making and they are priced anywhere from $10,600 to $23,000.
- There are short term programs that you can take if you feel that baking is more of a hobby rather than a career. For example, a place such as SFBI.com offers three to five day courses that can cost anywhere from $398 to $998. The same company also offers a full certification program priced at $16,999 to $18,499.
- NECI.com also offers classes for aspiring pastry chefs. The site offers pastry classes under their Associates in Occupational Studies in Baking and Pastry Arts. The tuition fee for their classes can be anywhere from $30,140 to $36,140.
What are the extra costs?
- Every school charges an additional application fee and the price will vary depending on the school. Most of the schools charge at least $150 for the application fee.
- Continuing classes for those who have obtained certificates is still required and it usually costs anywhere from $525 to $1,200.
- Textbooks, lab materials, and school supplies will vary depending on what the courses are going to include for you in the classroom.
What is going to be included?
- Some schools provide boarding for the students, but this is optional. The residential fee will be included with the tuition fee as well.
- There are several inclusions for the payment of the tuition. The documents and handouts as well as recipes will be included with the payment, as well as the ingredients that will be used during the kitchen activities.
- Once you complete an accredited course, you’ll receive a certificate upon graduation.
How can I save money?
- There may be several schools in your area from which you can choose and they will each differ in price. You may also want to ask how to take advantage of financial aid. Be sure to check with the accreditation of the college to ensure that you receive a legitimate education.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|