How Much Does a Patio Cover Cost?
Patio covers are pieces of durable material constructed or attached on top of a patio to provide protection from the rain or sunlight. Patio covers can be made of different materials such as aluminum or wood. Different types of patio covers include awnings, cabanas, or solid covers. The price of a patio cover is going to depend on the materials used, the size of the cover, brand, as well as a few other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, plan on spending $10 to $50 per square foot, depending on the materials selected.
- A simple patio umbrella that covers a majority of a patio can cost anywhere from $45 to $200. For example, the Coolaroo 11 feet round patio umbrella retails for $110 to $160. Mechanical umbrellas can cost anywhere from $800 to as much as $2,500.
- A simple awning can cost from $400 to as much as $1,200 depending on the material used as well as the size.
- A wood lattice based roof can cost anywhere from $600 to $6,000 depending on the size. A gazebo can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $7,000 or more.
- Custom made patio covers made of acrylic or glass can cost anywhere from $2,600 to $12,000. A 10’ x 10’ patio cover could cost anywhere from $2,600 to $4,000, while a 24’ x 24’ cover could cost $12,000 or more.
- A patio cover that is made of aluminum can cost anywhere from $700 to as much as $2,500. For example, a 20 x 10 foot cover that is made of solid aluminum that can attached to the house can retail at $1,500.
- For example, PatioCovers.us provides the materials needed for the construction of a patio cover. They sell patio cover packages that you have to install; these range in price from $1,300 to $3,300.
What are the extra costs?
- Most of the sites that offer the materials for the construction of patio covers only provide the materials. For those that want to have a professional install it, extra fees will apply.
- Screens attached to the patio can incur additional costs.
- Painting, removal of older patios, as well as the landscaping necessary after the job is complete will be additional costs.
What is going to be included?
- Do it yourself patio covers will include all of the materials and instructions that you need to construct the patio cover yourself.
- For a professional job, the contractor will be able to make the appropriate measurements and cut the patio to size. The common patio covers today are made from a material such as aluminum or even wood. If you’re unsure of what material that you want, consider looking at pictures online or even look at various houses throughout the neighborhood.
How can I save money?
- If you have the right set of skills, then you may want to consider building the patio cover yourself. The cost can be considerably lower since hiring a contractor can add a considerable amount to the total cost. Consider looking for various resources online as there are blueprints that can be purchased online that can assist with the project.
- Choose light and durable but affordable materials that can lessen the cost of the patio cover construction.
- If hiring a contractor, consider using services such as Service Magic to find the best quotes in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|