How Much Does Phone Screen Repair Cost?
Phone screen repair refers to fixing a cracked or broken screen of a smart phone. Technology has taken over the world in which we live in today. Almost every individual owns some type of cell phone. It is important that you keep your device in working order. When the screen breaks, that can be potentially be very bad news. A broken screen can affect the way that the touch screen works, and it can also affect your ability to see things clearly. However, depending on how severe the break is, it may be fixable. Most of the time, the phone itself still works perfectly fine, and getting a completely new phone can cost hundreds of dollars. In this case, phone screen repair is your best option.
How much is it?
- Before you can pin down just how much your screen repair will cost, there are three variables that you have to take into consideration. The first variable is the brand of your phone. Every brand has different requirements when it comes to how they handle repairs. Second, you need to take into consideration who your cell phone provider is. They also will have varying ways of dealing with repairs on phones. Some providers, for example, will not fix the screen but will just make you buy an entire new phone. Third, you will need to ask your cell phone provider if you are paying for insurance on your device. If you break your phone, this allows you to pay a deductible and get a new phone to replace it. After taking all three of these things into consideration, your phone screen repair can cost anywhere from $50 to $250.
- For instance, Best Buy will replace the screen on Samsung Galaxy phones for $229.
- According to a Yahoo! News story, the average cost of repairing a phone can cost $75 to as much as $200. For example, a cracked iPhone can will replace a screen for $49 if AppleCare was purchased. If it was not, it will be between $150 and $200.
What is going to be included?
- All that is included is the repair to the screen. An entire new screen in put in place of the older screen. The reason some screens cost more than others is because they are delicate and use special adhesives to attach them to the phone base. A reputable repair shop will carry a guarantee and will use genuine parts.
- Most repairs can be done with 24 hours.
- A phone can be repaired at a local cell phone repair shop or through an online service.
What are the extra costs?
- If your screen is in need of repair and your only option is to buy a new phone, get the insurance if it is available. Not all providers offer this service, however some do. It will be a lifesaver down the road if anything happens to your cell phone and you need another replacement.
- If you are going to get your phone repaired through an online service, you will be responsible for the costs of shipping the phone there and back. Most of the time, the savings you get from using an online service will be lost in the shipping costs.
Tips to know:
- Look online for companies that specialize in cell phone repair. You might be able to find a company who can repair your device if your cell phone maker or cell phone service is not willing to do so. This may save you from having to buy a new phone.
- Most of the time, a repair shop is going to be cheaper than going straight to the manufacturer. For example, the Apple store will probably charge more to replace the screen of an iPhone than an independent shop would.
- Talk with your cell phone provider to see if your phone is under warranty. It also does not hurt to talk directly with the manufacturer. Some phone companies will have extended warranties that you do not even know about.
How can I save money?
- If you have to buy a new phone, ask you provider what they can do for you. Ask if you are eligible for an early upgrade or anything that can bring down the cost of buying a new phone. Otherwise, you can always try buying a phone off the internet that someone is trying to sell. It may be used, however, in a pinch, it might do the trick until you can afford a new one if money is an issue.
- With your next phone, highly consider getting an extended warranty plan.
- If you know how to work with technology, consider doing the job on your own. Technewsworld.com shows you step-by-step on how most screen repairs can be done.
- Get a handful of quotes ahead of time. Most repair shops will be happy to offer you with multiple quotes.