How Much Does a Photo Booth Cost?
Photo booths are portable booths with a built in camera connected to a computer and a printer. The photos are printed just a few minutes after the picture is taken. These photo booths can often be found in malls, theme parks, or restaurants. These types of photo booths are pay-per-photo. However, photo booths can also be rented and use from a private party or event. Instead of souvenirs to be given away, a photo booth can provide your guests with something by which they can remember the event. By having their pictures taken during the event, guests feel more involved; they would also have use for the picture that serves as a souvenir.
How much is it?
- Photo booth rentals are priced differently depending on the company that offers this service. The greatest factor affecting the cost of this service is the number of hours the photo booth will be rented. Some companies would also rent the photo booth based on the number of prints that will be printed. On average, renting a photo booth can range anywhere from $400 to $1,300 for two to four hours, with additional hours costing upwards of $100 per hour.
- For example, PartyBooths.com provide photo booth rentals for your event. They are a company that caters to different types of events such as weddings and birthdays. They have different packages which start with the basic 2 to 4 hour rental that can cost $645 to $1,095. They also offer double prints for the same number of hours; this package can cost $745 to $1,295.
- WNCPhotoBooth.com is another company that provides photo booth rental services. They also have different packages to offer. Their photo booth can be rented with a minimum of 2 hours and it is priced anywhere from $529 to $679; each succeeding hour can cost $89 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- When you rent a photo booth, the price will include the booth itself as well as the other equipment such as the camera, control system and printer. The booth will also have a self timer that will allow the users to strike different poses.
- A number of shots can be taken depending on the layout, but all the pictures taken per session will be printed on a single print.
- The photo layout will be done by the company that will have the photo booth rented. They can offer different designs depending on the need of the client.
- Some photo booths offer color prints, while others may be in black and white.
What are the extra costs?
- The photos taken in the photo booth will be saved in a storage device; companies sometimes offer a scrapbook where all of the photos taken during the event will be printed for an additional price.
- If the photo booth service has to be extended, this will warrant an additional charge of around $150 per hour. The price may be different depending on the establishment that offers the service.
Tips to know:
- Most companies charge by the hour regardless of the number of pictures that will be taken. You will be able to take as many pictures as you want as long as the shots were taken within the specified time.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money is to compare rates between the companies that offer the service.
- There are companies that offer special rates since they provide the service at a discounted price. Also, take note that some companies may charge extra if they are far from the location of the event; try to choose a company close to your address.
- A cheaper option would be to set up a small area for photos decorated with the theme of the event. You can then take pictures of your guests and send them out with a thank you card for coming.