How Much Does Physical Therapy Cost?
Physical therary is one of the more popular departments of health care. This profession is concerned with treatment and rehabilitation of the physical, emotional, psychological, and social well being of the patient. This profession requires the interaction of the physical therapist and the patient. Depending on your injury, the type of physical therapist that works with you may be different. Your physical therapy may also depend on the extent of your injuries.
How much does physical therapy cost?
- The cost of physical therapy depends on the type of specialty area that requires therapy. Since there are some procedures that can be different and more complicated, they can command a higher price. The location where the procedure will be performed can affect the cost of the therapy as well. On average, a session can range anywhere from $60 to as much as $250. Most insurance plans will cover physical therapy as long as it is deemed medically necessary.
- For example, Body Works Physical Therapy offers their services in different packages. An initial evaluation of the condition will cost $90 while follow up sessions are priced at $60 per session. After the initial evaluation, the customer has the choice to get either a 4 or 5 session package. The packaged session will cost $200 to $250, which allows you to save $10 per session.
- Steve CuddyPhysicalTherapy.com is another clinic that offers physical therapy. Their evaluation which can cost $100 includes comprehensive orthopedic, posture and gait analysis while each session after the evaluation will run you $100 to $260.
What is going to be included?
- There are different specialty areas of physical therapy and the procedure that will be performed will depend on the specific need will be different. The physical therapy solution can be put together for treating back and neck pain, shoulder and arm pain, as well as wound care.
- The therapist will provide a schedule for the sessions. You can choose, if the establishment allows it, to have the therapy done in your house, especially if your condition does not allow you to travel.
What are the extra costs?
- An initial consultation is necessary to find out what the best treatment is for the patient. The physical therapist will be able to identify what is needed to be performed to treat the specific ailment of the patient. Some of the clinics that offer consultation may charge up to $175.
- Doctors may prescribe medicines that need to be taken in conjunction with the therapy the patient is receiving. The price of the medicines may differ based on the kind and the brand as well.
- If the physical therapy has to be done in house rather than in the office, additional fees can apply such as mileage fees. It is best to add 50% to 100% to the fees that are mentioned above fo this charge.
How can I save money?
- The clinics that offer physical therapy provide the service at different rates. You can compare the clinics that perform the therapy and you will find a facility that offers the service at an affordable price. If you are unsure of who to go with, consider consulting with your doctor to see if they can offer a referral.
- Having your insurance provider involved is a good idea to lessen the cost of the therapy. Ask your provider if your coverage is part of what they can provide to you. You should only be responsible for a small percentage of the cost or your co-pay.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|